I saw Aisha. Finally. And it made me think. Yeah, a movie as inane as Aisha made me think. Now if you are over it, let's discuss the subject matter of my thoughts.
So this movie, like all stooopid chick-lit movies basically tries to tells you how incomplete, how lonesome, and how sad a woman is without the presence of a guy in her life.
True, with single hood come many insecurities, fears, and a fair amount of longingness on seeing happy couples around you...but that's all there is to it really.
With single hood, comes a lot of time for yourself, your interests, and your near and dear ones. I think it's the best times for girls who perennially find themselves in one relationship or the other to rediscover themselves.
Why is it that it is thought that a woman NEEDS a man in her life? Why can't a guy just be another character in the play that's her life? Someone, who if there, makes life a tad more fun but someone, if not there, will just be a happ/crappy (as applicable) memory.
Single women don't wake upe very morning wishing they had some guy to share their life with. Maybe women with no friends whatsoever do. But not the modern woman I know. Today's woman is capable of living her life alone. And mind youshe can not just live it but live it UP. Hell, we women don't even need you men to make babies now. Ha!
Here's to all the women I know. Single or not. Cheers! :)
P.S. Written on my cell on my way back from home, all the time stuck in heavy traffic. Feelings: to get out of the cab and get drenched in the rain dancing to the music playing on my cell. ALONE.
Women Rock!
Author: bondgal_rulz / Labels: Irritating , Life , Rain , Random , Thoughts , Traffic , Weird
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
26 comments :
***Why is it that it is thought that a woman NEEDS a man in her life? Why can't a guy just be another character in the play that's her life? Someone, who if there, makes life a tad more fun but someone, if not there, will just be a happ/crappy (as applicable) memory.
Single women don't wake upe very morning wishing they had some guy to share their life with. Maybe women with no friends whatsoever do. But not the modern woman I know. Today's woman is capable of living her life alone. And mind youshe can not just live it but live it UP. Hell, we women don't even need you men to make babies now. Ha!
Here's to all the women I know. Single or not. Cheers! :)***
Sharing this text.
Oh yeah.. we rock!!!!!!!! ;)
I seriously wish all women would think like this
No I am not reading this post till I watch this movie..
Did u just say that it is insane..??
@ Me-Era - You bet we do!! ;)
Love the way you have spelt your name. :)
Cheers
@ Baldie - :) :)
Hugs
@ Sameera - *high five*
Take care
@ Pesto - That makes the two of us!
Cheers
@ Chanz - Fair enough....but hey! do come bac k to read after you have seen it k. :P
No no, it's not insane at all...else I'd have enjoyed it...timepass hai
unexpected! really. and i agree with every line.
touchy that.
radical feminists like u r a threat to peace between d sexes...feminists like u want to be in a relation from the inside bt just to hide ur insecurity u say tht y women NEED men...coz deep inside u so desire u could live withot NEEDING a man, or men...it is thought that women NEED men coz that's true, n that does nt make women less modern or whatever u think it does. ask single women (i know a few), they howl at nights wishing they were not alone, wishing they had a man.
u stay without guys for a few months n i bet u'll howl too. radical females like u actually the ones who have many guy friends and will u wanna be without them, can u be without them? i bet u can't
btw, ur post smacks of wishful thinking without any facts, n the title is in no way justified by the wishful content of the post
grow up. do something. then write. saying 'women rock' a zillion times wont make it true
n if u still are stuck that women rock and ur post isn't trash then dare to publish this comment n let ur readers know what crap u've posted here
@ Anonymous - Hey
"radical feminists like u r a threat to peace between d sexes" >> Wow!!! Maybe you need to read the post once again. Not at one place have I indulged in any kind of male bashing. So how exactly am I threatening the (supposed) peace between the sexes???
"feminists like u want to be in a relation from the inside bt just to hide ur insecurity u say tht y women NEED men" >> Err, if we WANT to hide our insecurity, why in the world will we say that we NEED a man?? We are women, not asses!!
"it is thought that women NEED men coz that's true" >> To quote you "this statement smacks of wishful thinking without any facts"
"ask single women (i know a few), they howl at nights wishing they were not alone, wishing they had a man." >> I AM a single woman. Enough said. (Howl?? really?? First asses, now wolves?)
"u stay without guys for a few months n i bet u'll howl too. radical females like u actually the ones who have many guy friends and will u wanna be without them, can u be without them? i bet u can't" >> Been there, done that. You've lost the first bet. (And in no case am I howling, please!) True, I have many guy friends. True, I can't and would not want to stay without them, pretty much the way I would not like to stay away from my girl friends. And I see nothing wrong in that.
(Just to clarify, when I am referring to a man here, I mean a man as in a husband/boyfriend/lover.)
"btw, ur post smacks of wishful thinking without any facts, n the title is in no way justified by the wishful content of the post" >> Btw, so does your comment. And yeah, maybe you were looking for the Indian Statistical Institute's website and accidently came here. *Newsflash* This is a BLOG. A PERSONAL blog. MY personal blog. Here I write what I WANT, justified or not.
"grow up." >> Sorry but growing up is just too boring for me.
"do something." >> Could you define something?
"then write." >> Why wait for something that I can do right now?
"saying 'women rock' a zillion times wont make it true" >> It NEED not be made true. It already is. :)
"n if u still are stuck that women rock and ur post isn't trash then dare to publish this comment n let ur readers know what crap u've posted here" >> Anything else? *yawn*
Thank you for your detailed comment. Welcome to C'est La Vie. :)
@ Raj - Unexpected?? Kaiko???
okay anonymous, just in case your filthy ass ain't red enough now here's another smacking. and seriously, you need one. by a guy. maybe then you will understand.
obviously you are either a retarded below average moron or a gay dude. fine its legal now. but then just in case you don't know, your mother was a woman. (or at least i hope so.)
so tell me now did she howl when she was alone too? or did she get married at birth?
and dude trying growing up yourself. for one, stop ridiculing about people you barely know.
you read a post and you say she is radical?
what the hell mahn. this way what would you be? oh yeah. anonymous read "the one without balls".
she writes her in her name without having to hide who she is. cause shes beautiful.
you on the other hand seem to not be comfortable in your own skin. fine you maybe a gay retard but then that's not justification enough for what you just did. and you talk of ding something and writing then? THIS IS YOUR IDEA OF DOING SOMETHING? really?
and see she even published the comment. here's more. look at yourself. red in the face right now just taking a beating. oh yes boy i know what you are going through. its called getting screwed.
and women rock. and i am man enough to say that without going through an ego attack. you as i can see and as can the whole word aren't.
so shut the fuck up and leave.
Well being the hopeless romantic that I am, I personally feel there is no such amazing feeling as being in a relationship. There is a lot of turmoil involved, a lotta fighting, a lotta arguments and what not..but at the end of the day..If its love..I think the loving more than makes up for the rest.
I like the line of thought of the other half being just another aspect of your life that makes it better and not all of ur life..but if one can find absolute happiness in being single..then absolutely nothing like it :) .
Love thyself..oh come on..i know u do :)
luv
amith
:D Yeah we women rock :D period !
I agree ppl with no friends and life suck not single women :D
And to think a women needs a man is same as much a man needs woman ...y do they always point out women?...Neways thats a whole new trail :D
The annonymous comment made me ROFL =) =) what losers man .....koi kaam danda nahi sahi me =) =) thats the best treatment we can give them ....laugh at them :P
@ Amith - And I agree!!
Thanks...that's just the point I was trying to make. :)
Course I do!! With being so "AwSM", do I have a choice? ;)
Cheers
@ Scribbling Girl - Cos we are supposed to be the weaker sex na, that's why. Anyone can come, raise a finger at us and leave.
Hassi ne bhi usko acknowledge karne se mana kar dia hai yaar...hehe
Cheers
I wrote something gender neutral but with a similar idea titled 'love life even if you have no love life' on my blog. So, needless to say, am in complete agreement.
And some people are best ignored, so am not gonna comment on the anonymous dude.
@ Arslan - Love the post's title!!! Share the link na. :)
True that!!!
Cheers
Here it is: http://arslanaziz.blogspot.com/2009/02/love-life-even-if-you-have-no-love-life.html
Warning: Now that I read it again, it sounds very preachy! :|
being single is a disease - especially it drags on for too long!
but none the less a great post! :)
Lol.. what a bashing of the anonymous asshole..
By publishing this post and giving it back to him, you showed that YOU ROCK girl !!!
And this is for the whatchamacallit misogynist who doesn't have enough balls to come out and write under his name..
1. The title "women rock" doesn't imply that men don't.. So if you want to be a critical analyst, make sure your corollary is well thought.
2. She has written both sides of being single. So your deduction that she's from within dying to be with a man stands lame.
3. You are perhaps one of those men who have a highly elevated opinion of themselves and think they're or should be the center of their female counterparts' world.
4. Women can actually make someone the center of their world provided the man deserves it.
5. It takes no more than a ridiculous man like you for a woman to believe that they were better off being single. So its men like you not women like us who draw lines between sexes.
6. Isha took the dare and published your myopic comment. Now I dare you, come out under your name in this very post and acknowledge all the bashing everyone has given you here.
P.S. Before you sleep, apply some ointment on your badly ridiculed ass. And come back in a mature way in her next post.
See you soon Loser!!
@ Raj - You are a sweetheart. :)
@ Arslan - I'm so sorry I have not been able to check it out yet. Will do it soon and let you know my thoughts. :P
Cheers
@ AD - I kinda knew that you'll say something on these lines!!! But don't you think saying that being single is a "disease" is quite exaggerated ?????
@ Shivani - LOVE you dude!!! hehehe
ishaa tu ladki se aurat ie "woman" kab bani yarr?
@ Anonymous - Every girl i.e. ladki is born with an innate sense of womanhood in her, which comes out with time. It might/does not be evident to everyone, but that does not mean it does not exist. :)
P.S. Who are you again?
Post a Comment
Bolo bolo....jee khol ke bolo :D