So I'm 23 now. As a teenager, I had always imagined myself to be this suave and sophisticated working lady who is quickly climbing the corporate ladder when I reach this age. The only true part of that sentence now is that I'm working. The rest is all missing. :D
Not that I'm complaining, really. Come on, how many of you really think that being mature and sophisticated is better than being immature and refusing to grow up?? Not me!!
6th Aug 2010 - the day when I turned 23 - started on a beautiful note with a small cake-cutting ceremony with my parents and bro. And of course the numerous phone calls from friends and family. Some expected, some unexpected, and some expected and not received. ;)
And then came the turn of my first b'day gift - from my kid bro - Raj Walia. Take a look.
http://www.facebook.com/notes/raj-walia/arial/473577617518
Thanks a tonne Kid bro!!!! You are the sweetest and the bestest. And an instant mood-uplifter. Glad to know you. :) :)
It was a friday, and hence the plans for the day were nothing huge. In the morning, my mom told me to get up early as it was my birthday and I was like err, how are the two even related! But not wanting to get into an argument early in the morning on my bday, I obliged. Then she tells me to clean my room as it was my bday and I go "Whoa!! This is getting weird." And then, to my utter surprise my school buddies - Mansi, Tata, and Rishi enter my room with a cake and flowers. In the morning at 8!!! On a weekday!!!! They have never done this, EVER!! It was a lovely surprise and I love you guys for this. You guys really did make my day. :)
Cut to office. The two maddest people I have come across - Rishi Kinra and Rishi Thakur - take out a rose each from their bags, bend down on their knees, and start singing a self-composed song dedicated to me. All this, RIGHT in the middle of the office!!! (I'm just so glad that I don't sit in the main office/barista zone anymore, where the numbe rof people is much higher). Oh yeah, the lyrics of the song >> "Chawla Chawla (to be sung in rap style), main ho gaya bawla bawla...." And I thought I'm the only one who sucks at poetry. :D :D
This was followed by receiving an actual bouquet of flowers for them and from my super cool friend at office - Vidushi. The third cake for the day was cut at lunch time with "Chawla Chawla" written on it.
Thanks a tonne guys. My day at office was a whole lotta fun all thanks to you. And yes Vids, you managed to get me excited for my own bday!! Yippee!!! Love you for that. :) :)
Cut to home. Again, no huge plans for the night as I had a french exam the next morning at 7.30. I had specifically told everyone that I won't be partying on 6th night. So I'm at home, facebooking a bit before I start studying. And the bell rings!! And it's my bachpan ki friend Hina - whom I haven't talked to in what seems like ages!!!!! And you know how it is when two old friends sit and talk right, the time flies. And that's just what happened. Before I knew it was 11.30 and we realized that it was late and she ought to be leaving. Thanks a tonne Hina for making the effort to come and visit. You added to making my special day a lot more special. :)
And the post cannot end without mentioning about the "sweet" post by awesome, once-in-a-lifetime buddy Karan. Thank you sooooooooooo much for the lovely gesture. :) :) :)
The day ended with me still on the phone receiving bday wishes. The festivities continued the next day too with me celebrating and cutting a fourth bday cake at French class. And ofc how can I forget the wonderful evening with Nilanjana. We girls should meet up more often Nil. And yeah, next time you'll do the talking in Punjabi. :P
Wow!!! I have so much to be thankful for!!! This is a nice feeling. Like really.
P.S. Aced the french exam with 94 marks. Topped. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
28 comments :
That must have been some birthday! Happy Happy Birthday again!
:-)
and some people don't even answer calls!
*sulks*
:|
kid sis. you are welcome. but i am sure you already know :)
and ditto. more than glad ro know you :)
that was a nice birthday :)
belated wishes :)
@ Baldie - :) :) :) You bet it was!! Thanks!! :)
Love
@ Annie - Redial button???
*narrows eyes, stares for a minute, and looks away*
:|
@ Kid bro - I'm NOT KID sis. I'm ELDER sis. Isha DIDI. :|
@ Moonlite - Thanks a tonne! :)
elder sis? boring nahin ho gaya?
ok fine. arial. my arial. bahut badi galti ho gayi.
maafi milegi ya phir makhan maroon?
isha didi?
na.
try ishi didi :P
or maybe ishika didi! :P
ha. perfect !
@ Raj - Boring and me!! Tum mazak tto nahi kar rahe na!!?? *in firangistan se lauti hui amricanised aunty's accent*
And Isha didi would do just fine. :)
Cheers
arial.
i am not calling you something anyone else might.
that's not me. and you know it :)
theek hai? nahin hai to erm... dekhi jayegi :P
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ishika is soooo WANNABE!!!!!
Stick to ISHA. How tough is that!!???
*rolls eyes*
Works.
P.S. Not many pppl on my fb know that I blog. And I'd like to keep it that way. So refrain from writing about blog there please. :)
Thanks!
:)
i didn't know! sorry! maine galti se phir likh diya tha ye soch ke ki shayed i dreamt up writing it! :(
okay. i will make it up. you are excatly what you want to be to me.
isha didi.
i am fine with that.
ab khush?
happyy birthday...
@Raj - No problem sweety. :)
Yeah. PERFECT. No pretence. No false-ties. :)
Love
@ Gymnast - Happy it was. :)
Thanks!!
Cheers
Wow...belated happy birthday! And you are lucky with three cakes and a cool rap song!
I callledddd!!!! It said out of range!!!!! :| :| :( :(
hey dearest! good to see you glowing and growing up :D
it is remarkable isnt it how we think we somewhat dont see it happening for x y z reasons :)
nevertheless good days are in the making - as you grow older!
amen to years to come
Belated happy birthday, glad you had a memorable day
And congrats on doing well in exams
Hey I am a leo too... Had my borthday on 2nd.. :)
yay..!! And I got 3 cakes too.. :)
double yay..!!
belated happy birthday girl.. :)
@ Nikita - Thank you so much!!! You bet I'm!!! :) :)
Welcoem to C'est La Vie. Keep visiting. :)
Cheers
@ Annie - Again, how much it would have hurt your fingers to press that green button on your cell once more???
*seriously contemplating not talking to you till year-end*
Hmmppphhhhhh.
@ AD - Hey!!! No no no!!! I'm growing DOWN, not UP!!! hehe
Amen!
P.S. LOVE the new DP. Makes me miss my own. :(
Cheers
@ Pesto - Hey! Thank you. :) I am mighty glad too. :) :)
Thank you once again. :)
Cheers
@ Chanz - Fellow sherni!!!! Yippeee!!!!!
*high five*
Pssstt...I got three and a HALF cakes. I win!! I win!! I win!!! hehehehehhe
Thanks for the wishes girl!!
Cheers
Wooh!!! i hope the bday hangover continues till Aug 6th, 2011. :-P
and It was an awesome eve dear.. only if the hookah didnt vanish in thin space.
Love u sooo much :->>
Dunno about till then but it was very much present till last night!! Partied like crazy :D
I knowwww!!!!! :( :(
Me too lub u soooo much :) :)
Okay... a much delayed comment on this lovely post!!
One hell of a birthday ha??! :) ..
'Once in a lifetime buddy'?? lol.. i echo your feelings.. :) it is great to have a buddy like you.. :) and you are always welcome. :)
PS - your posts and blog are making me crave to get back to blogging.. and i'll do it so soooooon... :)
@ Karan - You bet it was. :) ↲
Hmm..history repeats itself haan ? :P
Post a Comment
Bolo bolo....jee khol ke bolo :D