The Seven Deadly Sins

Author: bondgal_rulz / Labels: , , , ,


So we all know about the seven deadly sins a.k.a. the capital/cardinal sins. According to the Roman Catholic Church, you are doomed to eternal damnation if you are guilty of any of the following. Enjoy ;)

1.ENVY: The sin of envy is to resent the fact that another person has something that one perceives himself/herself as lacking, and wishes the other person to be deprived of it.

I’m sooo envious of people who are taller than I’m, luckier than I’m, wiser than I’m- the list is endless. Thus guilty, albeit with a slight difference. I don’t wish the other person to be deprived of it, just that I wish I had it too.


2.GREED: A sin of excess, it is basically desire spun out of control. Though generally applied to the acquisition of wealth, it also pertains to wanting more than your fair share and to having expectations of others when you give something to them.

I’m so guilty on this one and unashamedly so. To give, without having any expectations whatsoever??? Not me !! Though yes, I will not resort to manipulation, violence, theft or robbery to satisfy my greed.


3.GLUTTONY: The most delicious of all sins, this is committed when you

 Eat before the time of meal in order to satisfy the palate.
 Seek delicacies and better quality of food to gratify the “vile sense of taste”. *rolling eyes*
 Seek after sauces and seasonings for the enjoyment of the palate.
 Exceed the necessary amount of food.
 Take food with too much eagerness, even when it is in moderate amounts or of an ordinary nature.

ROFL. Need I say more ? :P

4.SLOTH: Initially considered a sin of sadness or despair, sloth has now come to mean a sin of laziness or indifference, an unwillingness to act/care.
Ahem, if it weren’t for SLOTH, do you really think things like remotes and cell phones would have been invented?
I live a happy and guilt-free slothful life. Period.



5.PRIDE: The deadliest of all sins, this is the mother of all the sins. It is characterized by the desire to be more important than others, an excessive love of self and failing to acknowledge the good work of others.

Pride is the recognition of the fact that you are your own highest value and, like all of man’s values, it has to be earned. Period.
Big time attention seeker but I do acknowledge others’ good work. (Provided, I don’t hate them for some silly reason;), which brings me to the next sin.)



6.WRATH: If pride is the mother, then wrath is the baap of all sins. Described as having inordinate and uncontrolled feelings of hatred and anger, it can ruin families, wreck one’s health, destroy peace of mind, and at its worst, lead to murder, genocide etc.

Been working on this for quite some time now…still a long way to go. :(


7.LUST: The trashy cousin of love. This is committed if you have excessive thoughts or desires of a sexual nature which may lead to sexual addiction, adultery, rape etc.

Yay!!! Finally a sin I’m NOT guilty of. :D Though it might be fun too, of course, provided that it is kept in check and there is mutual consent of the parties involved.


Hmmm…so my score is 6 on 7.

For the first time after so many years, I’m scoring high and yet it does not feel good. ;)

All right, so the vella person that I’m, I took a quiz to find my Sin Quotient and here is what the results showed:


Greed:Low
Gluttony:Medium
Wrath:High
Sloth:Medium
Envy:Medium
Lust:Very Low
Pride:Medium


So wrath is the sin that'll do me in!! What's yours ?? :P

71 comments :

Anil Sawan said...

yeyy, for the first time i am feeling hapy tht i commit sins :) even if i am doomed to hell, i got company :D lol. i am gona try tht link u gave me :D lets see how "innocent" i am :D

bondgal_rulz said...

He he....Oh! you bet!!! Hell is about to get new leaders. :D *hee hee haa haa haa* :D

Do it! And temme too!! :P

Cheers

Anil Sawan said...

seems like i am greedy!! and the rest are all medium :P lol

bondgal_rulz said...

Not bad ya...not bad at all. :)

Anil Sawan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bondgal_rulz said...

Lol....sounds like fun. :D Perhaps now you can give names to each other based on everyone's sin. :P Lucifer, Ira, Satan....he he


Will do, will do, as and when the opportunity arises. :)

And you gave your workplace away. :P

Anil Sawan said...

hehe lol, who cares :D

bondgal_rulz said...

Oh... I thought you would. :P

Anil Sawan said...

:) okies, now u r making me feel conscious.. shud i delete the id wala comment?? :P lol

bondgal_rulz said...

Dekh lo....suit yourself. :)

Anil Sawan said...

thu bohoth darathi ho yaar. pehle se recesion ka chakkar hein, uske upar se integrity issue bhi nahi chahiye mujko :( isliye delete kar diya. bura mat man na okies?? :P

bondgal_rulz said...

He he...arre hell mein jaane ki practice kar rahi hoon na. :P

No worries mate.

Cheers. :)

Anil Sawan said...

uske liye practice bhi chahiye?? woh bhi itni achi score lekar?? :P i thought ur seat is already reserved. wish i am placed in the same colony! [hell mein bhi colonies honge na??] :P

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

I am sailing on the same boat as yours .....
Mera reason bhi wrath aaya...:)
I least expected that initially thinking i had got control over it...

Anyways hum humna, kahan sudhrenge....

good one..galtiyon ka ehsaas karvarahi ho..

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Sawan - I was merely being humble. :P

He he...I hope so too. :D

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Mahesh - same pinch. :P

Oh! yes...don't worry about that. :P

Cheers

Onward said...

damn!! i only got a 6/7 too..!!...xams mein bhi kabhi full nahi mila aur yahaan pe bhi nahi!!..this sux...:-(

oh i checked out the link and seems like i aced PRIDE. Seems about right...:-)

bondgal_rulz said...

He he....Tell me bout it. :P :D

Kya yaar!! Sabka high pride hai!! Meko bhi chahiye!! :( :P

Cheers

Netika Lumb said...

Yipeee.... Nothing high ..mostly lows and very lows and just 2 mediums..pride and gluttony.. though, I didn't answer some of the questions-bakar k options the..

bondgal_rulz said...

You are happy that you are not proud of yourself ??? :P he he...

Well now we know how to evade hell. :P ;)

Cheers

Dr. Acula said...

Cool quiz..I'm like this really bad person..it turns out..a sinner! LOL. High on gluttony!!!!! OMG. ROFL.:D Obvious tha!! Greed is medium..though second highest!! And the rest, medium except for lust which is very low..like you!

Anonymous said...

yup have read these in the bible... the scripture teaches me more deadly sins too..

i am a sinner too

www.chronicwriter.com

Kartz said...

Heh heh heh... Just a question - are innocent ppl ever capable of comitting sin? :)

And pity Tickle has closed down. They had interesting quizzes. :(

Oh btw, talking abt hell - me has a tee which reads - Hell was full, so I am BACK!

*har har har*

Peace. Have a wonderful weekend.

---
And blog updated. B'rolls and d'boards aren't showing aaj ka update - Food for thought.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Siya - Welcome to the club! :D

Mere hisaab se tto I should have scored high on everything barring lust. :|

And Siya, I'm sure we'd have been guilty on that too, had God been kind enough to make drop-dead gorgeous men with brains. :D

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Chriz - I'm positive that there are sins "deadlier" than the ones mentioned here.

Well, welcome to the club. :)

And welcome to C'est La Vie too. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Karthik - Well my dear friend, they are the ones who commit the ghastliest of sins, under the pretext of innocence of course. :P

I'll never know now. :(

Oieee...I had it too!! Lost it somehwhere during the shifting process. :(

WEEKEND ??? :X

No cheers for you. :P

Netika Lumb said...

Na na.. I am proud that I don't take pride in the fact that I am not a sinner.. :)

Evading stuff has been my forte, ever since..

bondgal_rulz said...

He he...that's makes you super wise lady. :)

Ah! No comments. :P

Dhanya said...

Greed: Medium
Gluttony: Medium
Wrath: Low
Sloth: Very Low
Envy: Very Low
Lust: Very Low
Pride: High

Pride comes before the great fall. So I better watch myself ;)

Priya Joyce said...

that was an interesting read..hahah lol wrath..oyeee bachke rehna re

:P:P

lol

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Dhanya - Whoa!! That's like almost a saint ya!!

Damn I'm envious!! No!! I didn't just say that. ;)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Priya - Thank you so much. :)

Welcome to C'est La Vie.

If you keep visitng and commenting, tumhe mera wrath kabhi nahi dekhna padega. :P

Cheers

Arnab Majumdar said...

Wow, honestly never thought that you would write something about the Cardinal Sins! Was it just that quiz which prompted you to write this one, or was it something else as well eh?

Karan said...

My result... :)

Your sin has been measured. Happily for you, your sin profile leaves room for forgiveness.

Greed: Medium
Gluttony:Medium
Wrath: Low
Sloth: Medium
Envy: Medium
Lust: Low
Pride: Medium

There were a few questions about which I wasn't sure and i tried to change my answer, the results kept on changing, with the pride quotient bordering between the medium and High level !! But I guess this is the most apt result.

But i personally feel all these quizzes are good for fun, and have been made by some Monk or smeone..!! What is wrong in having a better car or sleeping past noon on weekends after a long week at work . college ??!!

I feel if you are good at heart, true to yourself and take time out to do little things that make others feel better, it is pretty good. My granny had told me this story once - Narad Muni asked Lord Vishnu about who was his most devout worshiper, expecting his name to be taken by Vishnuji as Naradji kept on reciting 'Narayan..Narayan' all through the day. But, to his surprise, Vishnuji said, it wasn't him, but a farmer in a small village who Vishnuji considered to be his most devout worshiper. On being asked for a reason of the same, Vishnuji said, 'The farmer took my name only twice a day, once while leaving for work and once while coming back home after a work full of toil at the farm. But, what was important was that he took time out to take his name in spite of working so very hard. He never forgot God despite his work.' And that made him the most devout worshiper of Lord Vishnu.

That is what i believe in, do your work honestly, believe in God, don't forget him in your good times or while goin through your daily routine and help others in whatevr little ways that you can.

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Arnab - Kaiko ?? Can't THE sinner write about his/her sins? :O

The quiz was an outcome of what I had wanted to write. think that answers your question. :)

And you cheater, you didn't tell your results! :P

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Karan - Great! Mere saare friends itne mahatma type kyun hain? :O

No wonder I feel like a sinner!

P.S. This was a fun quiz Karan. To be honest, I do not consider even one of these sins to be sins in the true sense of the word "sin".

Arnab Majumdar said...

Oh yeah, I missed out that important bit - the results.

Greed: Very Low
Gluttony: Medium
Wrath: Medium
Sloth: High
Envy: Very Low
Lust: Very Low
Pride: Very Low

Quite unexpected I must say... hehehe...

bondgal_rulz said...

Abe kya hai yaar !!?? Sab ke sab super duper saints hain!!

Well on the bright side, I'll have hell all to myself. Huh!

Karan said...

kya saint ???!! inne saare medium toh hain..!! mujhe Arnab, Dhanya, Netika etc to dekhkar complex ho raha hai..!!

and yes.. i know we r taking this quiz in a fun way, but i don't think the maker made it with fun in mind. I think it ws made by some actual saint..!! so i commented in that context...

bondgal_rulz said...

Tu mujhe aur complex dene ki koshish kar raha hai???? :X

If only saints did actually exist....

But that story you know, I remember reading it one of my junior classes....

Rahul Viswanath said...

These are 7 seasons ..... They keeping changing as days pass !!

Karan said...

kya complex ??? tu bond gal hai..!! tujhe kya complex ??!! :P ..

n i dunno.. i heard this story frm Dadi... :) ... it has to be there in sme books as well..

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Rahul - That's an interesting viewpoint.

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Karan - yeah yeah. :|

Lucky you...I'm sure it has a greater impact when some one tells it to you than when you read it yourself. :)

Cheers

Karan said...

u said its a fun quiz na ???!!! stop makin straight faces..!!

bondgal_rulz said...

:P :P

Better ? :P

Karan said...

much...!! :) ...

bondgal_rulz said...

:) :)

Sam said...

I suppose that's why the concept of confession is there... coz, people will commit sin!!

bondgal_rulz said...

So what you are trying to say is that it's all right for people to commit sin as we have the concept of confession in place ? :O

IceMaiden said...

lolz.. i took d quiz. looks lik i m high on pride n low on envy. everythng else was medium.. hehe nice quiz! :)

nihit said...

Hey! First time on your blog, and i love ur post.. good,i'll be hoooked on for more from you

P.S. Does perversion of any kind drop in the category of Lust??
hahahahhahaha :P

Nautankey said...

Well the test says am lustful :D and almost all other sins are on High.. now am into an introspective mood :D .. Good one

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Annie - Not bad ya!! And well that makes sense, if you are proud then why will you be envious of someone ? ;)

Keep visiting. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Nihit - Welcome to C'est La Vie. :)

Well, I think the boundaries of these so called sins can be moulded somewhat according to the context. Makes you feel lighter? :P

Glad that you liked the post.

Keep visiting and commenting. :)

Cheers

Pallav said...

ohhhhfow.....
i m too late anyways...
n here i go....

Greed: low
Gluttony: very low
Wrath: medium
Sloth: Very Low
Envy: low
Lust: Very Low
Pride: medium

yeh k

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Nautankey - YAY!! Finally someone to give me competition. :D

Don't worry mate, it is just a stupid quiz. :) Or is it? :P

Welcome to my space. Not revisiting and commenting is a sin that you better not commit. ;)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Pallav - Keh do ki yeh jhooth hai!!! :P

Baba re baba, you are like the saintliest of saints...good good.

Cheers

Pallav said...

Isha...ja keh diya ki yeh
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
Sach hai mere dost....
hehehhe...
yar sachi me...

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Pallav - Do I know you ? :P lol

Anonymous said...

in my head i know i m high on LUST
but lemme take that quiz to confirm

Anonymous said...

I am low on lust. hell wrong quiz!

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Americanising Desi - Maybe it is time to rethink if you really are high on that sin or is it just you ?

Karan said...

maine kaha tha.. maine kaha tha.. this quiz is nothing but 'pagalpan'...!!! :P :P

Pallav said...

Areyyy..
i hv told u 100 truths na....
so nw u knw me... :)
hehehhe....

Pallav

Zlaek said...

Haha, what fun. Btw, I'm the world's most vella person, honestly...

Sloth was it for me(medium)
And I'm free of guilt on that one too :D :D
rest was all 'very low' (except pride, medium) -- aila, im not much of a sinner... W O W

"Yay!!! Finally a sin I’m NOT guilty of. :D Though it might be fun too, of course, provided that it is kept in check and there is mutual consent of the parties involved."
WHAT a cute thing to say man.. :D

And i just saw your pic...big size, so lovely... I mean, the smile is -- SO BIIIG :D :D :D
Beauty.

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Zlaek - ho jaaye competition ?? :P

Kya yaar!! I'm tired of knowing so many saints now. :P Kidding. ;)But on the brighter side, I'm sure it'd have made you feel lighter. :P

Chalo main nahi tto mera blog hi kuch punya kama raha hai. :D

You think?? Gosh, I wish my mom thinks like that too. Lol

Oh God!! I saw the word "big" and I was like "Kya yaar, I'm not THAT fat, thats he calls me big!!" :D ha ha

The smile, he he, permanent fixture hai, even with the fact that I've got super duper ugly braces on.

But sooo sweet of you to comment on that !! :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Pallav - Hmmm. I guess. :)

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Zlaek - he nahi, I meant she back there in the previous comment!

I tend to make too many typos. sometimes they are really embarrassing, but mostly fun. ;)

Cheers

unforgiven said...

Greed: Low
Gluttony: Medium
Wrath: Low
Sloth: High
Envy: Very Low
Lust: Medium
Pride: Very Low

bondgal_rulz said...

You too???

Am I the only "normal" human being here????

Post a Comment

Bolo bolo....jee khol ke bolo :D

COGNOSCENTI