Life's a joke and I - a joker!!

Author: bondgal_rulz / Labels: , , , , , , ,

I know, I know it’s been super duper long since my last post. But I have been really really really busy. And for once I mean it for real. :D

This internship has driven me crazy!! I knowwww!! I too thought I was already at the maximum level that anyone could go on the crazy scale!! :D

So anyway, if you thought that with time my goof-ups at work would have become lesser or at least of lesser intensity, Yup, you are WRONG. For the uninitiated, try this >> OFF THE RECORD, STRICTLY.

Alright, so let me tell you a bit about my work. It’s this really edge-of-the-seat kinda work you know, where one has to stare at the workstation, do number-crunching, read the stupid Income Tax Act - all while sitting on the seat!! Oh you wondering about the edge part? We are supposed to take a hard copy of all that we do, so yes, we constantly have to be on the edge of our seats to take those damn print-outs which eventually land up in the bin as my current erstwhile employers are too much of perfectionists. They’ll tell us to waste some more paper as “Oh!! But this thing should be in times new roman 12.5 and not 12 size!!” Ughhhh!!! “Let’s waste as much paper as we can!!” seems to be their motto!! I mean it’s so heart-wrenching you know. Especially for someone who writes less in the exams just so that she can save some paper. :D

So as you can guess the only exercise regimen I now have is that of walking to the printer. Now, me being the restless person that I’m, could not take it after 10 days. I just had to go out and release my pent-up energy. But where?

The queen of stupidity has an epiphany and marches off to the nearest washroom. Once there, she begins to jump up and down like a maniac. Had Jeetendra been there to witness the scene, I’m sure he’d have had inferiority complex. And just as I was about to put a stop to the torture I was causing to the floor, a lady comes out of one of the loos and stares at me with an expression that clearly said “Note to self: Stay away from this girl. She is a potential threat to mankind.” I of course dashed to the closest loo available.

After lying low for a few days after this incident, Neha (another intern) and I were once chatting nonchalantly in the office. Here’s what happened:
Neha: So how’s work?
Me: Usual ya. They really meant it when they said it’s going to be very demanding.
Neha: I know. Hey, have you seen that cute Transfer Pricing guy today?
Isha: Haan…wahin tto baitha hai. (points in his direction discretely) Kya yaar, there are NO cute guys in this office. No incentive to come every day. I hate this place.
The topic was then changed as is usual when two girls are chatting and soon we moved from guys to shopping to movies to what not.
Suddenly one of our senior managers passes us by. We happily say “Hi!” to him and he moves on. We resume chatting in the middle of the corridor leaning on one of the desks for support. Once again suddenly, he turns back and stops in front of us. And says “Itna mat socho, jis se baat karni hai bindaas karo.” And walks away.

And we realized that the desk we had been using as a support was no one else’s but his!! And we had conveniently failed to notice and had chatted there for at least 10 minutes. But still the two of us were lost on the comment he had made. It did not really make a lot of sense with what we were talking about at that time (movies).

So anyway, realizing that it was about time we both head to our respective seats, off we went in different directions. And it was while working on something that it hit me. I immediately dialled Neha’s extension and told her that I’d figured out what he was referring to. He was of course referring to our conversation about the “cute” guy!! He thought that we wanted to talk to him and were just a li'l too shy!!! The two of us, embarrassed as we were, could not help laughing our wits out.

Told you, I AM the queen of goof-ups.

So you think goof-ups are funny right?? WRONG!! :P (Get used to it – most of what you think is just that – wrong) :P

Allow me to apprise you of a very very sad goof-up. In my office (like in most offices), all social networking sites are banned and no, proxy sites are of no help either. So in my free time (alright alright!! – most of my time spent at office) I used to blissfully log in to apna dear blogspot and read your beautiful blogs and reply to your comments on mine. But alas! After 3-4 days of my prolonged stays on the blogspot, I realized it had been banned too!!! Apparently the IT department keeps an eye on what all one is doing while pretending to be super busy with work on the computer. Hmmpphhhh!! Now you know why I hate technology.

And now comes the last one. Pakka pakka!! Aur nahi pakaungi!!
Some news channel had come to our office for a shoot prior to the announcement of the Budget and all. And these guys decided to get the firm’s partner’s views in the bay rather than in his own room. I was as expected working my ass off (read checking my yahoo mail), when suddenly the girl who sits next to me comes from the printer and says “Isha, can we sit and keep working?” Without looking up from my computer screen, I said ”Of course ya!!” (I had started to get a bit irritated with all the fuss being made over the interview) and then thinking that I had been a bit rude looked up to smile at her and BAM!!

I see a huge camera placed right behind me directed halfway at my computer screen!! I swear, the speed with which the window was minimized would put the fastest keyboard player to shame. (that’s Adnan Sami btw right?)

My college is re-opening from the 13th and my internship does not seem to end. These guys want me to work till the 15th for them. I’m trying all that I can so that they kick me out. Wish me luck.

P.S. And I’m really really sorry for not being able to read a lot of posts lately. Please forgive me. With college due to re-open shortly, I shall be visiting your blogs soon hopefully. J

62 comments :

Zlaek said...

lmfao!

i'm your fan... especially the loo part cracked me up.

And you're damned funny. Keep this casual stuff coming.

"who writes less in the exams just so that she can save some paper"
this kind thing makes me wanna scream and party.

bondgal_rulz said...

Oieeeeeeeee!!! You are my official Fan no.1 :P :D lol!

Ohh dude, that was embarrassing!!

Will try for sure. :)

Arre so do that na. What are you waiting for? :P

Unknown said...

....I saw ur comment...on my blog...and came here....and Girl, you got me hooked!

I read the first "Life's a joke and I - a joker" , then moved on to Off the record...and then Third degree...Infact read their comments as well..."You are a heady mixture of Geet Basanti and Kajal" lolz....

and then came back, read...Love story and others...

Needless, to say....I absolutely loved your blog! Absolutely!!

And your writing skill is terrific...you know it right when to add that right dash of salt, humour...!

Infact, it tells me a lot about you...whereby you compare Printer to Water Tap in school...you see small things..notice them..store them in your grey cell....hmm...! Love it!!

Hehe...btw...loved that dance part in the last blog, in the loo! hmm...weirdo....!


Keep writing.....Chances are I'll be the first one to read it...(Hehe, Didn't I tell you...I loved ur blog)...and I am a passionate lover...hehe!

Netika Lumb said...

Ha..ha..
I don't know what to say. Do I say thanks for entertaining us which actually means keep doing more of these(as if you do them intentionally, duh!; or do you?? ;)) or do I say sad to hear that you are at the wong places at the right time or wrong time, either ways. But this would mean no posts.

So, now that I don't know what to say. I'll just say, :)

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

Hello Madam....

Tumhara profile [pic bhi kya isiliye joker ban gaya... hehe..

I love joker BTW... Both ( dark night's joker and jokovic )

Yaar maine tumhe bola tha ki corporate world bahut hi kharab hai...

Hmmm "cute" guys? ( note : maine double quote mein specify kiya ), bhai hamein bhi to batao ki yeh cute ladka tumhara dikhta kaisa hai...yaar kya pata, jo cute ho ,woh nature se bhi cute and sweet ho...

Ek kaam kar... ek chocolate packet lale..., aur birthday ka bahana banakar chocolate distribute karte hue usse baat karle... not a bad idea though ..what say ? :p

Hehe..loo chapter... LOlz... kitna hasati ho tum....:-D

Printer and papers... to baap rey..sach mein company standards ke liye kuch bhi.... :-( yeh logo ko kuch sense hi nahi hai paper wastage ka...

Mere cubicle mein bhi ladkiyan kisi actor se start karti hai aur kisi lipstick par aakar khatam karti hai ( infact unki gossip kabhi khatam nahi hoti, thanks to office timings, it ends it all and saves us from gossip girls :-P)

Good to see you back , after all...

Rajeev ka comment mujhe bahut pasand aaya.. tujhe usne aakhir kar "decode" kar hi diya :-P

Cheers

Amit said...

lol, as they say someone's pain is another one's laughter and vice versa...cool.....enjoy ur last day..n all the best

PS: my ex gf said when we say a guy cute,it can have dangerous connotations...for both girl n a guy...u jst proved it;

cheers,
amit

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. joker girl.. nice one.. i laughed..

Americanising Desi said...

i love ur sense of humor by the way.

you charge my senses and keep me off the lonely grounds.
mwah!

awaitin to read more.
and dont take such long break please :)

Arnab Majumdar said...

Well, now I know what's been keeping you busy all this while! :D You're having one helluva time there, aren't you?? Hehehe...

Hope you get free soon... I don't think the Dean's gonna be very happy with you missing classes and all. Try saying that to the office people, maybe they might relent a bit on the 15th plan... worth a shot, isn't it??

Cheers... and cya soon :)

Dr. Acula said...

GAWWWD!!! LMAOOOO. :P :D

You know..i watched all those discussions after the budget came out!! No, I'm not THAT boring..my father made me!! :P and I saw your firm's partner too!! damn..I missed you!! pehle batati naa!

Okay..that letting out your energies in the washroom bit..yeeeeah, I totally get you..I've done that too. Shit, I thought I was "sabse alaaaaag..sabse alaaaag" !!! (Remember that sad movie with diya mirza and that bald albino alien looking aadmi/alien - a bit like Amitabh's look in Pa?) Not exactly jumping up and down though!! :P *trying to manage an I'm-so-embarrassed expression*

DUDE!! I'm still LOLing !! YOU are funnayyy :P

Raj said...

jumping in the bathroom. sweet.

liked the casual attitude your post revealed. highly entertaining. :P

waise did u finally talk 2 dat guy???

ps: internship sucks. try finding lots of people. easy 2 pass tym that way. a mall nearby wud b fabulous.

Richa said...

totally goof up queen!! :P
literally i am rolling :D

oye yaar, u were in tht office for almost 2 months, couldnt u tell them to not waste paper? my heart broke :(

lolz and btw, why were u jumping in the loo?? :P u could have gone in a few sec early to save urslef from jumping :D

lolz @ transfer pricing guy :D or shud i say TP :P ;)

and, the camera behind ur back and tnks for not telling me tht ue mail box was telecast as well :P

and yeah Adnan Sami is the right answer baby!! :D u win 1 crore!!

wat refreshing post ;)

Cheers!!

neeraj_only said...

Aila!! 'joker' :p
loved reading ur fun time... interns over ( almost) ......masti karo ab colg me.

U r really threat for humans :p ...lolz

Bri said...

I really enjoyed your blog!

Awesome stuff!

-bri

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Rajeev - Your comment was the first thing I saw in the morning(the cab was late today and hence I could afford the luxury of logging in to blogger) and trust me, it completely made my day. :)

Really?? You read ALL THAT??? :O Wow!! I feel so elated right now!!

And he he, you bet I'm. :D

Awwww!!! Thenkew thenkew!! :)

Yeah my cells have become grey cos of aging. ;) [Shshhhh!! I'm a 420 yrs old witch in reality] ;)

And I'm sure that that is exactly what she wanted to say to me at that point of time. :P :D

Yes yes you did. :)
Soo looking forward to your comments. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Netika - And that gorgeous smile says exactly what I want to hear. So keep it on. :)

Cheer

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Mahesh - Hiii!! How's you??

Arre was getting really bored of the old one tto change kar di. :D

I knowwwwww!!! I loved the Joker (Dark Knight) too!! He is just so DARN COOL!!

Arre ya, I'm not interested in him. In fact he seems to be over sweet. Ek baar printer pe I let him take the prints pehle as I had a long print, he literally exhausted himself saying thank you!!

Itne sweet people are not my type. :P

Hass le hass le, tu bhi hass le mujh pe. :P

And oye! I don't talk about lipstick ok!! I talk about sports or the Sensex, and movies cos I hardly watch tv and know what's the latest. (I'm still to see a promo of Love Aaj Kal, if that gives you any idea) :P

And haan actors I do talk about but it's only Hrithik Roshan, Kunal Kapoor, Rahul Bose, Aamir Khan, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, Hugh Grant and Orlando Bloom. :D :D

Ohh!! I loved his comment too!!

And nahh!! I think he's still a far way from decoding me but hey!! not bad for a first time. :)

Seekho kuch. :P lol

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ HRA - Tell me bout it!!!

Ohhh!!! Your ex seems to be an intelligent girl. :P

Cheers

P.S. Yes. That's your new name. HRA. Not House Rent Allowance baba. :P Hopeless Romantic Amit. :)

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Chriz - WOW!! I had the king of humor laugh whilst reading my post!!

YAYYIEEEEEE!!!!! :D

Thanks!! :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Seher - You are the first one to acknowledge it's existence. he he :D :D

Do I?? Do I?? Yippee!!!! And I thought this task was delegated to him. ;):P

I'll try. Pakka pakka!! :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Arnab - Hee hee. Yesh yesh, NOW you know. :P

And are you trying to take a dig at me?? Hmmpphhhhhh...

Ohhh!! You have no idea!!! Didn't I tell you about the mail he sent?? It was hilarious!! In a sad sense for me ofc. :(

Pata nahi ya..what'll work and what'll not...'m trying my best though...should know by tomorrow hopefully! Wish me luck!

Cheers

Anil Sawan said...

m sure the firm wud want to retain u after ur studies!! :)
IT dept works good everywer!! hail IT :P

ur life seems interesting girle :) keep the spirits high and dont fail to mail me :P

Amrita~Ams said...

hehehhe :P..u goof-up queen :P..ishaaaaaa...
i snooze-up :P..

try more desk support...they will surely kick u out ...best luck..blogspot ka naam roshan karna..ja isha ja...:P

"Especially for someone who writes less in the exams just so that she can save some paper. :D"
SAME PINCH....we r true environmental minis :D..aint we??

Sameera said...

HA HA HA.... :D

HAd we been in the same surroundings.. I wonder what would have happened!!

CLASSIC post!!! ;)

Happy goofing up!! [blessed people aren't we..??]

The Geekie said...

hah a

even i used to save papaer in xams :D

lolzz

thoda chota post ho gaya :P ... as usual i did njoyed and ws rolling in laughter....seriously u r joker :D

aur batao kaise ho??

keep blogging
tk care :)

muthu said...

U should be given---

some special kind of title --

like the blogger queen of goof ups.. :)


nice post yaar... :)

Shanu said...

LMAO!! Ur office antics reminded me of mine..minus the camera starin at me part..super fun reading :)

Anonymous said...

:)
Office capers ala Isha!
Keep 'em coming O' mighty queen of Goof-up's! And yes my blog doth miss you.
Come back with flying colours

Kartz said...

Nefarious goof-upper. :P :D

Good luck! :)

Peace.

ekta khetan said...

You are such a cute writer…I am reminded of my initial days at n-logue and Polaris as "project trainee". The timid, shy and yet bursting with imagination I was…hee hee…You know what- I was called "Bobo bunny, sis of bugs bunny in my IIT madras internship...it was sooo much fun...great memories!!! Wish you too will ve cherishable ones here...Have fun

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Siya(I'm bored of Dr. Acula now) - Dude you just WATCHED those discussions, I had to DISCUSS it in office.

You did? You did?? Uhh, I'm pretty sure that they would have deleted that part. ;) (Or so I hope) (Was not able to catch it on T.V.)

LOL!! Hi 5!!! And Pa? That a movie?? :O

And we have already established that I'm sabse alag (refer comment comment on FB), though you can be that Dia Mirza movie waala alag. :P :D

Yeah, SAD funnayyyy. :P

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ SacrletTd1ar1es - He he. You've had some bad experiences too kya? Actually, now that it has come to an end, I think I'm going to kinda miss it you know.

Arre no ya, that guy is not my type at all.

And hey! talkin to loads of people all the time is what mostly got me the glare and the stare. :P

There are malls nearby, but forget the mall, in 2 and a half months, I never even found the time to go for lunch in thee complex in which my office is situated. :(

Glad that you liked the post.

Welcome to C'est La Vie. Keep visiting. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Richa - he he. Glad to know that.

Arre I did my best. I swear. Everyday whatever paper was wasted by my team membere (me included)used to be stuffed in my handbag to be carried back home so that their blank side could be put to use. So now I've a huge pile of office work gone wrong at home much to the disgust of my mom. :D

Arre!! How was I too know that she is going to appear out of nowher like som bhagwaan ka avtaar? :O

Oieeeeeeeeeeeeee.....that's exactly what Neha and I used to call him. It was our code for him. he he ;)

Awwww!!! When do I get the cheque? Or is it all cash? :P

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Neeraj - Heyyyy....it's so good to see your comment here. :)

Arre yaar MBA college means no masti. At all. :(

Acha?? Then you have nothing to worry na you inhuman soul. :P :D

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Passion Fruit - Hi! Welcome to C'est La Vie. :)

Thanks for the sweet comment.

Cheers

P.S. Love your display name. :)

IceMaiden said...

LMAOOOO!!!!!
poori ki poori meri behen haiii!!! :P :D heheheheeh....

Not wasting paper in exam... check
Jumpin up n down in d loo, scarin ppl who hav (thnakfully) jus relieved themselves... check
"no cute guys at work, no incentive.."... CHECK *sigh*

on n no one told u abt powerscrap? :P go thr to check everythng thts banned, ask me abt d loopholes :P :D
for longer ways to unlock d sites, contact me on gtalk :P :D

lolz read!!! :) :)

N ya. dnt stay away fr so long.. blogsville s fun only cz of a select few blogs, n one of them is urs. :)

\m/
Annie. :)

deluded said...

lol.

I think Im starting to love this blog. suddenly.

Onward said...

all hail the queen of goof-ups :P!! Oh btw sorry i m late...tonsillitis attack chal rahaa hain...anyways...yaar how can u be so smart and so dumb at the same time??!!

:D

luv
amith

Meow said...

Lol!! I've been there and done all these things during my intern in a company for 5 full months :P and am so so fortunate that my project trainer in the office is the SMARTEST of the entire lot. I've to sit from morning 9 to eve 5 and look at his smart face without any work.. This is my work (Observing how the department works lol!!!)

and your post is too funny and reminded me of my intern days :P

Gymnast said...

Lol...i can empathise. I cannot even begin to tell you of the blunders i committed during my internship.
Fun read..enjoyed it!

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Sawan - Nah..the firm does not really entertain M.B.As. :(

Bleh. :P

Interesting...he he...funny interesting to be more precise. ;)

Yes sir. Will keep you posted on more such interesting incidents. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Amu - he he...mast hai na??

And internship khatam!!! Kal se college!!

AND I did another major goof-up...like BADA WALA goofing-up!! On the last day...he he...mera kuch nahi ho sakta...

High five...and these damn teachers think that it's cos of our lack of studying that our answer sheets are blank. ;)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Sameera - Lol. I wonder too. :P

I think I should say same to you. he he. :P

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ The Geekie - Heyyyy....long time no see!!

Ha ha...sabhi ke sabhi environmentalists nikle yahan tto!! lol

Ha ha...vo tto main hoon hi..temme something I don't know. :P

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Muthu - He he...chalo aur kuch nahi tto yehi title sahi. ;)

Thanks

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Shanu - Awwww....share your experinces too na...something tells me that I'll be laughing my guts out readin it. :P ;)

Thanks

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Dphat aka Arun Philippe(I like the way Philippe sounds :P) - ;) You bet!

And you don't even have to say that. That's just the way I'm programmed, will keep em rolling without even wanting too.

I'll be back sooooooooooon. Real soon!! Promise!!!

Cheers

The Geekie said...

he eh

aur kitne din busy rahoge??? :D

do visit my blog
httpe://inmostme.blogspot.com

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Karthik - Correction. "Nefarious goof-upper angel" :P

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Numerounity - Awwww....thank you sooo much!!!

Timid and shy!! I was not even mistaken to be that for 1 minute. :D

Bobo Bunny!! LMAO!! How cute is that!!??

I do, I do!! Thankfully!! :)

And WOW!! IIT and all!! Great ya!

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Annie - He he...arre TWIN waali behan. :P :D lol

Eh, you think??? Even Powerscrap was of no use. :(

And awwwwww!!! That's such a sweet thing to say. :)

Hugs

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Deluded - Err, does that impy that there was a time when you did NOT love this blog??? :O :O *worried*

Anyway, you are strating to lie it now, so that's good news. I won't be zyada greedy. :)

Welcome to C'est La Vie. Keep visiting. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Amith - No worries!

Hope you are better now. :)

Take care

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Sowmi - Ah! Nostalgia....

Whoa!! Damn lucky you ya!!

Glad that my stint was only for 2 and a half months. ;)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Gymnast - Glad that you liked it. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ The Geekie - Khatam!!!! Back to college now!! :)

Yes yes, will be there real soon! :)

Cheers

Pesto Sauce said...

You know internship can be real fun...during my interns we had entire batch on a mail fwding spree

And get used to the whims of bosses for fonts and all soon, only now have I got used to it

And also enjoy with the cute guy

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Pesto Sauce - I knowwwwww!!! I think I'm kinda missing it now that it is over. :(

You too??? Damn!! It sucks big time doesn't it??

Arre it was the other intern who was interested in him, not me. :P

Cheers

deluded said...

come on now.

post more.

you make us wait long!

bondgal_rulz said...

I'm itching to do just that! But darn these 24 hours are less. ;)

Feels nice that some one out there wants a post from me. Danke. :)

Stupidosaur said...

I have done that - jumping and flailing my arms in the office bathroom. Luckily, was never caught!


But I have done lot of other goof ups:

A computer at college didn't have a floppy drive, but had a slot for adding one. Without carefully looking, I put the floppy in that BIG slot, wondering why there was no friction or resistance. Before the cause hit me, I released the floppy and it fell inside the CPU cabinet!

They had to open it up to remove my floppy. Whole computer lab was laughing!

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Stupidosaur - LUCKY you man!!

Awwww.....that's such a cute goof up....he he. Must have been some sight. :P

Welcome to C'est La Vie.

Cheers

Post a Comment

Bolo bolo....jee khol ke bolo :D

COGNOSCENTI