(This particular post is dedicated especially to Siya also rightfully known as Dr. Acula. :P She had wanted a happy ending to this one. So here it is...a happy ending. :) To this part. ;) Hope you like it)
I managed to catch up with her in a few minutes. Then in as pleasant a voice as I could muster, I said “Hi!”
She turned around and screwing her eyes, said “Do I know you, or are you in the habit of greeting every unaccompanied female whom you happen to come across?” I was stumped and at a loss for words. She however was exhibiting no such problems, “Oh! I remember now, aren’t you the bugger I had a tiff with last week”.
I could see where this conversation was leading to. I thought it would be in my best interests to turn around and leg it. I was about to pursue this course of action when she did something entirely unexpected and changed irrevocably the course of my life.
She burst out into peals of laughter; it was a wholesome laughter absolutely free of inhibitions and infectious in the extreme. I couldn’t stop myself from breaking into a sheepish grin. I was doomed for life, happily unaware of the consequences. When she finally did stop laughing, both of us ended up saying Sorry at the same time. Another round of laughter followed. She felt that she had gone a bit overboard that day; I felt that she had been justified.
And so it came to pass that I invited her for a cup of coffee. For a second I thought she was going to turn me down but then she gave me a smile which sent a rush of pleasure through my body, filled me with a sense of elation hitherto not experienced and said “Well alright I suppose, no harm in it”. One cup of coffee turned into two, two into three, three into four till I lost count. She mesmerized me; her voice was music to my ears. For all that she talked, and she did talk quite a bit, I gleaned that she was a year senior to me, was majoring in Computer Science, had a host of interests ranging from music to literature, from awakening environmental consciousness to doing her bit in making this world a better place to live in, from freaking out at night-clubs to studying really hard for achieving her career goals. She had me spell-bound. I mean we talked for close to 4 hours and yet I felt a massive twinge of disappointment when she got up to leave.
Over the next few months I managed to accidentally bump into her on a regular basis, if she noticed it she didn’t say anything about it. I could see she liked talking to me. I of course positively relished spending time with her. She had become my primary focus to the exclusion of everything else, be it studies, friends or games. I roundly ignored all other aspects of my life. I had always been a good listener, preferring to keep my thoughts to myself. She observed my reticence and after our first few meetings, exhorted and cajoled me into talking. She had a way about her, I really did start opening up, sharing thoughts and experiences. It was a novelty for me, I was completely t ease with her, it was almost frightening – the kind of influence she could bring to exert on me. I became a different person in her company.
There were lots of activities that I disliked and avoided purely due to half-baked prejudices or a phobia of some kind. She made it a point to find out about them and frequently made me do those things, asserting me at every step and making sure that I started enjoying them, but somehow if despite her best efforts I was still not happy with whatever it was she wanted me to do, she would drop it without further ado. Whenever this would happen, she would come up with a line like – “Laddie, there’s not much chance that you are going to appreciate Shakespeare, is there?” (I did learn to do that, but she never came to know about it) or on another occasion – “I give up, you’ll never be friends with a computer.” And then gently ruffle my hair or give me a friendly box on the shoulder with a grin on her face and eyes twinkling with mischief. She taught me how to dance, I taught her how to play tennis. I hated losing. With her though, even losing was fun. Win or lose, nothing could wipe that smile off her face. She would hit the ball out of the court on an important point, then turn around on her heels and innocently ask if it was long. I would say “Yes, and we lost the match.”, without however any trace of anger. We would walk off after shaking hands with the opponents and on the way back tongue firmly in cheek, arms encircling my waist, she would tell me that I had better improve my game if we were to have any chance of winning. I miss those tennis matches, I miss losing them.
What more can I say, I was floating on cloud nine. It was a dream. It had always been my opinion that Life is beautiful, but that it could be this beautiful was beyond my wildest estimates.
To be continued.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
41 comments :
u said happy ending and its to be continued....what is this ..not fair ! :(
if before reading i know its going to be a happy ending, i may loose enthu for it. Put acknowledgments in the end..wat say?
ru not following comments on my latest post, check the comments in ur name :P
Nice post btw, bring the next one soon!
Cheers,
Amit
I am hooked :)
should we expect twists?? :P
bring it on!!
end??
its to be continued..
oo I put all my studies aside..to read this :P
lovely re..tu kitni romatic hai :D
@ Amit - He he. Happy ending to this particular part. :P
Hmmmm.....point taken. Will comply in the future. :)
Ooooooh I JUST did!! Take a look!!
Thanks a tonne!
Cheers
@ Richa - Expect the unexpected. :P
But then that becomes predictable, right? :O
!!
Just keep reading. :)
Cheers
@ Amrita - No no!!
Yes yes!!
He he...but wait a minute!! studies?? Abhi tto khatam hue the tere exams!! Ab padai kyunn?? :O
Arre bas likhit mein hi romantic hoon. ;)
Cheers
This post is beautiful too :).
You should write scripts for romantic plays. And I've begun to envy the protagonist already :).
Hey...thank you so much! :)
Wow!! Really?? That's what I plan to do eventually actually. ;) For now, I'm happy donning the actor's hat. ;)
Ha ha...really?? :P
wow..wah wah ish..real good stuff(as always)..u know how i HATE fiction but u toh as always have me mesmerized.
I dont think this story is going to have a happy ending but atleast this episode left everyone with a smile on their face. top notch yaar. :)
What else can i say?
luv
amith
@ Amith - Didn't know that you hate fiction!!
Yeah, that was the idea. :)
Glad that you liked it. Really. :)
Cheers
Awesopme girl..
only one thing superb
i m waiting for the odr part..
Pallav
*sigh* I agree with Prashant (bownphantom)...I'd love to be the protagonist in this scenario.
However, my cynical, overworked mind is leading me to predict a lack of further happiness in the story. :( (I hope I'm drastically wrong.)
(When is the next part being released? :) )
job nahi hai na..toh exam he de rahi hoon :P...
to get into any decent firm :D
Loved it!! Love the way u write..love the way the narrative effortlessly flows..gr8 job gal!!
Hmmm....Yaar yeh happy ending kahan hai..
its more of "love is in the air " than love reached destination"
Guy's love for her is very different, i mean the portrayal is far different from usual ones...
Hmmm Tennis...Well mera love-mate kabhi mere saath tennis khele to na, jo main usse haar jau...
my heart says..just keep continuing...don't end it soon.. :-P
Keep writing...
You have done a very good job isha
Cheers
i am half asleep... worked really sweetly to add that dose i was missing!
although continuation tickle me :) but you are sweetheart!
hence nothing against you!
mwah
lovely lovely lovely!
where is the end.. siya is waiting and so am i!!!
i am hitched btw.. check my page
Yay , me here commenting :)
loved reading you after some gap. Waiting for 'to be continued ....'
p.s : thku 4 being regular at my blog wn i ws nt at urs :p
Will wait for ending
@ Pallav - And that one word does the trick. He he. ;)
Thanks a lot Pallav. :)
Cheers
@ Sumit - Oh come on now!! I'm sure that you guys have had that and MORE!! Out with the truth now. :P
And tell your cynical overworked brain to relax and read & enjoy the story as it comes. :)
Oh! I ahd thought of writing the next part over the weekend but weekend tto aa ke chala gaya and mujhe pata bhi nahi chala!! :(
Will be writing it very soon. :)Keep watching this space. :P
Cheers
@ Amrita - Oh!! Ok!!
Best of luck hai ji for the exams and the interviews. :)
Do keep us posted on this front. :)
Cheers
@ Shanu - And I LOVED the way you pointed out so many good things...he he...
Thanks a tonne for that really awesome comment.
Welcome to C'est La Vie. Keep visiting. :)
Cheers
@ Mahesh - Arre happy ending hi hai re...bus is part ki hai par. :P
Hmmm....well love, my friend, is a journey and not a detsination. :)
Arre tto what's stopping you guys ya?? Take her to a game of tennis asap!!
Thanks a tonne for all the appreciation Mahesh. :)
And ending mujhe bhi nahi lagta ki soon ho payegi. ;)
Cheers
@ Seher - Haye re!! Glad to provide that dose. :)
Will be back soon with another dosage. :P
Mwahh
@ Chriz - The ending is on its way. Has got delayed due to lack of free time and bad net connection. ;)
And ye Siya ki bachi!! She still hasn't got the time to take a look. So much for my effort!
Will be checking out your page soon, very soon. :P
Cheers
@ Neeraj - Oye!! I don't go by the rule that 'I shalt visit only those who visit my blog.' :P
And it's good to see you here. :P
Cheers
@ Pesto Sauce - Fair enough. :)
Nonetheless, welcome to C'est La Vie.
And thanks for taking out the time to read and comment. :)
Cheers
You know how much I dislike stories that come in bits and pieces, and yet, this one had me hooked right from the start till the very end.
There are many little things that can make life a whole lot beautiful for you... like "innocent" cups of coffee, or losing tennis matches in this case... and when you have those things in life, you find that you don't really need the bigger things. Life's beautiful even without those big things :)
Never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually waiting for the next part now :D Sorry for being so late in reading this one though, but I think you know how crazy things have been lately...
Get the next bit up in your own sweet time. I don't think I'd even mind waiting for it all that much, to be honest :) Cheers...
hey hey hey!!! :) I AM heree!!! Yes, yes, Dr. Acula :P is here!!! :D :D
Arrrreeeeee Waaaaah..!!! \:D/ \:D/ Isse kehte hain TRUE waali friendship and twinship!!! ;-)
A part of the story especially dedicated to meee!!! Wheeeee....!! :D
like it?? I loved it!!
Honestly, very well written!! :)
I'm all smiles now..bring on the next part!! :)
Waiting for partII
@ Arnab - Yeah, I know, I know. STOP rubbing it in now. :P
Hai na, hai na ?? Remember a post titled The Pusuit of Happiness I had written?? Talked about pretty much the same thing. Shit ya, sometimes we keep looking for happiness all around when it is right within/beside/in front of us!
Yesh yesh I know!! And I empathise completely!! Hope the weekend is a bit better. :D
Waah waah!! You won't mind waiting?? That's something!!
Thanks for such a sweet comment.
Cheers
@ Dr. Acula - Hmmpphhhhh!!!
*Looks away and refuses to read your comment*
*After approximately 10 seconds is overcome by temptation and reads it*
Awwwww.....m shoooooo glad that you loved it!!! YIPPEE!!!!
Yes ma'am, on its way. :)
Cheers
@ Spotlesssoul - Whoa!! Isse kehte hain power of words!!
And that is THE MOST awesome comment I've ever got!!
Thanks!! :D
Keep visiting!!
Cheers
@ Gymnast - Think you meant part III....he he...
Well I don't plan to keep you waiting for long. Honest!!
Keep tuned!!
Cheers
Alright, alright... I'll stop rubbin it in... but I did say that I'm hooked on to this one, didn't I??
Yeah, I totally remember that post... similar lines, no doubt, but somehow the point comes across a lot better here... to me, at least... which goes on to show that you've become a better writer over time! :)
I hope this weekend's a bit better too. I can't believe how much I miss the old life. *sigh*
And believe me, for something which would be along the lines of this, I wouldn't mind waiting. :)
Cheers...
Hmmm... Read the first part too.
Oooh, shomwon being roh-mAn-tyk. ;)
Will save the rest for the end. :)
Keep writing, buddy... And yes, no cookies for making the right guess as to who is back. After a rather unwarranted hiatus. :P
Peace. Be well.
@Arnab - He he...YAY!!!!
Ohhh..it will be, it will be....itne time baad sab milenge...maza ayega !! :)
Your wait is soon to be over. :)
Cheers
@ Karthik - Arre ab jo cheez real life meain nahi hai, use stories mein tto la hi sakti hoon na. :P
As I said, about time!! Hmmppphhhh.
Welcome back mon ami. :)
Cheers
Hoi.....the expressions yuo're using lately are Killer kinds.
Are you in love? :P
Writing with the man's first person perspective is some job for a woman. (And vice versa actually)
But you've been doing a swell job of it.
Wait I'm reading the next one now.
*Holds up a gun in her right hand, blows over it and looks sideways in typical Bond style* (with the soundtrack of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly playing in the background)
*Reads the next line of the comment and cannot resist saying : Isha does not believe in love. Or perhaps she does and only pretends that she does not. No one knows. Not even her. :P
He he, alright alright I'll stop! :P
Na re, outta it, more like. :P
Thanks a tonne Chinmayee!! :)
Post a Comment
Bolo bolo....jee khol ke bolo :D