It’s been ten years since I last saw her, ten years since I felt the touch of her skin against mine, ten years since I heard her sweet voice, ten years since she broke out into that tinkling carefree laughter, ten years since she frowned at me with her puckered eyebrows, ten years since I saw her beautiful long hair gamboling in the wind, ten long years since she walked out of my life or was it me who walked out on her, I don’t know, I don’t care, and yet the pain remains, as unyielding and as tormenting as ever. The memories are as fresh as dew in the morning, chafing away relentlessly, no merciful escape into oblivion for me, no earthly anodyne to ease the ceaseless agony, no matter how hard I try I just cannot make myself forget her, she won’t let me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember our first meeting vividly, almost as if it happened yesterday. I was returning to my hostel after a game of tennis. I had lost and was fuming as a result of it, never did like losing, anyway I was so engrossed in myself, muttering expletives and oaths, that I failed to notice a girl coming towards me. Not for long though, I mean I bumped head on into her, she fell down, while I was slightly stunned. In the meanwhile she had managed to get up and was now standing with her hands folded across her chest, eyebrows raised and lips visibly twitching with suppressed anger. She had a militant expression on her face which did not augur too well for me. The aura of fury she was exuding was intimidating to say the least. It made me involuntarily take a step or two backwards. She however interpreted the gesture as some sort of war cry and launched into a verbal lashing. She seemed to be under the impression that I had bumped into her on purpose and was a thug of the first order. My initial meekness was now slowly making way for some righteous indignation. I mean the collision really had been unintentional! I was at the receiving end of a 15 minute harangue, replete with extremely caustic remarks addressed to me such as having a regular eye-checkup, taking a refresher course in walking, to stop being a public menace and staying indoors. Christ Almighty God, it was almost as if a venom spewing volcano had erupted. I squirmed uncomfortably throughout the monologue and what with her tongue thrusting ahead like a rapier in full flow I could hardly get a word in. I felt like a kindergarten kid being admonished by the teacher. At the end of the lectures she stomped off bristling with anger, I wiped my brow and then started jogging to the hostel. The jogging bit was imperative because quite a crowd of people had gathered and were eyeing me as if I were a leper and directing disconcerting stares at me.
I reached the hostel in a stupor, went straight to my room, lay down on the bed and promptly fell asleep. I woke up the next morning vaguely unsettled, feeling that maybe the evening before had only been a nightmare. How I wish now that it really had been a nightmare, that I had never met her, that I had never lost that game, that our paths had never crossed.
I went to college trying to put the incident out of my mind. A week passed and I had almost forgotten about it, certainly it did not bother me any longer. Then one fine day, while chatting with some friends, I observed her walking across the street. I stopped in mid-sentence and started after her. My friends called after me, mystified by my seemingly eccentric behavior. I was however totally oblivious to them, at that point of time only one person was registering on my radar.
To be continued.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
40 comments :
OOOOOOOOOOOO..story story story...me likes stories :D...start toh zabardast hain :D (as always..duh!!)
So where do we go from here?...and do we have to wait for 2 more weeks to get to part 2?
Do hurry madam!!
luv
amith
nice....waiting for more...write soon!
now that was mean...
to be contds are never my thing :( and this sorta makes me wanna grab you and shake it all outta you :D
am i violent enough??
lol cant help it, i wanted to read more :(
Ah! Well written! I'm hooked and I'm waiting for the next part! :D
u know wer to pause, dnt ya? :) wud wait for the next part swts :)
... and you do that again! Kya yaar, to be continued kyun?? You know I have a very high curiosity quotient :P
Jaldi finish this one... wanna know what happened. Very interesting start here... now waiting for the ending :)
Cheers...
@ Amith - We all do, don't we? ;)
Glad that you liked ot. :)
And for knowing where do we go from here, keep watching this space. :P
Cheers
@ Amit - Will do so asap. :)
Thanks for dropping by.
Cheers
P.S. I hope you're back to blogging and things are a little clearer now?
@ Seher - *Note to self* - Do not come within the radius of Seher's arms' length. ;)
It'll be up soon. Promise!!
Hugs :)
@ Ki - Hii!! Welcome to my blog. :)
Coming from you, it sure means a lot. :)
Thanks for dropping by and commenting. :)
Cheers
@ Sawan - He he. :P
You better do. :P
How's work btw? Don't see you online much?
Cheers
@ Arnab - I knew you'd hate this. Lol. But you know na, how hectic it is. So empathise ok. :P
It'll be up real soon. :)
Cheers
Well, yeah I know about the hectic schedule... and so I can so completely empathise! But still, do try to hurry it up a bit...
Waise, how come u'r blogging at office aaj? I'm not complainin one bit, though :P
Yes sir, will do. :P
Arre, didn't go to office aaj!! Bilkul mann nahi tha. ;)
But guess what? I now have to call up my manager and tell himt he reason why I didn't turn up. :(
O.M.G... you BUNKED office too?? hahahaha! You're really awesome... Kya hua tereko waise? You alright?
Was feeling super sleepy yaar and it had been over a month that I had been regular! Including Saturdays!! Soch ke hi chakkar aa gaya mujhe tto!! Lol. :D
And yes, awesome I'm. ;)
@Isha
yes, i am back and hopefully everything is sorted now. I was surprised u mentioned it, i thght u have missed that post:)
Take care!
Amit
I didn't. Just refrained from commenting cos I thought it was too personal for me to comment upon. :)
But really glad that you're back! :) Looking forward to your love stories and poems. :)
Cheers
me was touched immaculately..
continue..
am i reading my story?
@ Chriz - he he. Maybe you are. :P Any contributions ? :P
wow..just wow...
i hardly like stories...i mean to read :P
but this is diff...lovely portrayed.....begining was amazing..
in short i loed it..
waiting for the next..
Awwww....thank you shoooo much..glad that you liked it...will try to keep the wait as chotu as possible. :)
Cheers
Ohhh..I like this one and can it have a happy ending pleeeeeese??? ;-))
Really really hope it does. Although it really doesn't seem so..but if you finish off with the flashback and then take it to a point 5-10 years hence from now..then toh possible hai!!
Oyee..starting mast thi!!
I'm totally hooked!!
wow..
again series of post..
hey i m looking fwd...
hope u r fine...
Pallav
Dr Acula is in the house !! and i agree with her...happy ending please :D...pretty please...else i ll have to spam ur comment section...and we Taureans can be very stubborn..wat saay I.B!!
brillaint start.. i always admire ur choice of words and the way u frame the sentences.. the portray of thoughts of the guy (hopefully) is funny and sounds real :D
bring it on!!
@ Dr. Acula - Baba re!!! Itniiii mehnat for a happy ending?? :O Lol.
Super glad that you liked it so far. :)
Ummmm.....will see what I can do about that happy ending you so desperately want. :P
Cheers
Keep studying
@ Pallav - Hii!! How's ya buddy?
He he..yes again. :P Please don't hate me for it...lol
And I'm great!! As always. :D Thanks for asking. :)
Cheers
@ Amith - In real life there are no happy endings. Says Adam Sandler in "Bedtime Stories". :|
@ Richa - LOL!!! I mean literally!!!
TO ALL AND SUNDRY - Yes, you're right. It's a GUY. :D
And hey!! Thanks for that wonderful comment. I'm smiling real wide right now. :))
Cheers
Ho ho ho Ms. Storyteller....
Honest bud.....waiting... waiting!
Yes, hurry up!
(the language and expression is superlative. Absolutely fluent, and absolutely lucid)
Haha..Totally Aw.s.m. totally!! SPAM is the way to go!! :P
And Adam Sandler BOND hai kya?? :P
@ Chinmayee - Thanks a zillion!! Your comments never fail to bring a smile. :)
Cheers
@ Dr. Acula -So much for our TRUE wala friendship and twinship(!) !! Hmmppphhh!!!
Nahi, bond vo nahi, main hoon. :D
Wow-
Once again Wow-
I loved the starting of the first part that I was like going through the first para again and again.
Your choice of words and the flow of the piece was lovely. I completely enjoyed it.
And When are you going to write the next one- You have got me hooked. :)
One request- Please take the story slow- It s too good. I would love to read more episodes of it.
PS-
And hey, I wrote the last part of the trilogy loosely pinning it around your comment & thanks a ton 4 that Q U asked that helped me complete my trilogy.
cheers... :)
Isha, stumbled across your blog from Kaddu's.
a) I think you have a really good command over the language.
b) You write well, the story kept me spell-bound with its vivid narration.
*off to read part II
Hmmm so madam aaga yi ek big story ke saath...
Title to kuch zyada hi tagda hai.... :P
Mujhe iss character ka portrayal bahut achcha laga and the way things were expressed in and around him were beautiful...
First para was penned down beautifully
Chalo i am off to second part now...
Cheers
@ Muthu - Hey...thanks a tonne for the wonderful comment.
Ohhh...the first para is my favourite too!! :)
And to tell you the truth, I'm kinda lost as to how to take the story forward! Which means that it will be a slow progress...so wish granted I guess. ;)
Cheers
P.S. Was away for the weekend. Will get to your post asap. :)
@ Sumit - Welcome to C'est La Vie!!
a) Thank you so much!!
And
b) Thank you so much!! :)
Thanks for dropping by and commenting. :)
Do read the other posts out here too, if time permits. :)
Cheers
@ Mahesh - He he...haan ji aa gayi ek baar phir mjain - sabko bore karne. :P
Arre mujhe is se better title kuch samajh hi nahi aa raa tha. :(
First para mera bhi favuu hai!!
Hi 5!!
Glad that you liked it. Thanks. :)
Cheers
Post a Comment
Bolo bolo....jee khol ke bolo :D