She was a seductress. Both on AND off-stage.
She was singing like a Goddess. Even from a distance of some ten feet, she seemed to have eyes only for me. Her lustrous wavy hair buoying up and down, dainty hands making rhythmic movements, cherry red lips parting to make a voice that traversed the boundaries of my ears to reach my heart, the gentle sway of her slender waist - it all seemed to be only for me, despite the five hundred plus crowd.
Knowing her has been nothing short of magical. Her enchanting voice has me transported back to the day when our paths first crossed.
I had been shop-hopping with a friend trying to help him pick out something for his girl friend's birthday. A gentle tap on my shoulder had me turn around to look at the face (and more!) of the woman who'll change my life. Her "Do you have this in Size 26?" should have enraged the normal me but for the heavenly beauty she was. I had to almost remind myself that I was not a sales person. To this day, I'm not sure if this was an actual 'accident' or a staged one.
Three years, innumerable fights - with each other and for each other, several moments of doubts, and several plus thousand moments of bliss later - here we are. Still together, and very much in love.
My mornings are incomplete without her drowsy kisses and nights don't end without her lip-bruising ones. Her lazy sighs and gentle caresses, tender touch and warm breath still make me go weak in the knees.
There couldn't have been a better day to ask Nancy to be mine, forever.
Her first big ticket live performance. And the ceremony for my 'Young Female Entrepreneur of the Year' award.
Tonight we will raise a toast to Nancy and Avantika.
P.S. This is a complete figment of my imagination. There is absolutely no intent to stereotype anyone. If anything, it is an effort to make people embrace diversity. If I have offended anyone unknowingly by this post, I apologize.
She was singing like a Goddess. Even from a distance of some ten feet, she seemed to have eyes only for me. Her lustrous wavy hair buoying up and down, dainty hands making rhythmic movements, cherry red lips parting to make a voice that traversed the boundaries of my ears to reach my heart, the gentle sway of her slender waist - it all seemed to be only for me, despite the five hundred plus crowd.
Knowing her has been nothing short of magical. Her enchanting voice has me transported back to the day when our paths first crossed.
I had been shop-hopping with a friend trying to help him pick out something for his girl friend's birthday. A gentle tap on my shoulder had me turn around to look at the face (and more!) of the woman who'll change my life. Her "Do you have this in Size 26?" should have enraged the normal me but for the heavenly beauty she was. I had to almost remind myself that I was not a sales person. To this day, I'm not sure if this was an actual 'accident' or a staged one.
Three years, innumerable fights - with each other and for each other, several moments of doubts, and several plus thousand moments of bliss later - here we are. Still together, and very much in love.
My mornings are incomplete without her drowsy kisses and nights don't end without her lip-bruising ones. Her lazy sighs and gentle caresses, tender touch and warm breath still make me go weak in the knees.
There couldn't have been a better day to ask Nancy to be mine, forever.
Her first big ticket live performance. And the ceremony for my 'Young Female Entrepreneur of the Year' award.
Tonight we will raise a toast to Nancy and Avantika.
P.S. This is a complete figment of my imagination. There is absolutely no intent to stereotype anyone. If anything, it is an effort to make people embrace diversity. If I have offended anyone unknowingly by this post, I apologize.
12 comments :
Beautiful. :) I'm glad that you made me a party to this flight of your imagination. :)
charming...it may or may not be purely imaginative coz proper nouns are always copy right act of writer :P..so cheers!
Its always nice to read you. I'm sure even if you were to write sci fiction, you would do justice :)
Very different post
- Pesto Sauce
(remove this "pls prove you are no robot", I can't get through)
a) either
b) you trying to hurt me the most :(
You shouldn't write these things X(
And is there more? I am curious and yes, very nicely written!
@ Karan - Thanks! And I'm glad that you make me a party for all that is sane and insane in your life, despite the douche bag that I'm. :)
@ Somya - You of all people should know what this is all about! :P
@ Shivani - You are my most favorite 'commenter'. Never do you fail to bring a smile! Thank you so much for the praise!
@ Miles - Dude! Why so cryptic?! Kuch samajh nahi aaya!
@ Nikita - I do love writing stories in series. But, this one is not one of those I'm afraid. But then again, never say never, right!?
Glad you like it! Welcome to C'est La Vie. Hope to see ya around.
Cheers!
@ Pesto - I have NO idea, I have that!!
On it!
Jaldi update karo!
Well, yeah reading that- I was of-course getting stereotyped. Did not expect that ending. Esp after describing the singer like that, I was expecting a male narrator!!
Followed here from one of your old comments at my blog. Just started blogging after quite some time.
hmhm- hows your work going. Weren't you apprenticing some where. Hope things work out for you cheers.
Do drop in sometime. :)
Cryptic is safe :) social media is dangerous and hence the need for being cryptic :D
@Nikita: Trying! :)
@Muthu: Hi! Thanks for dropping by! The internship was light years back. :)
See you around. :)
@Miles: But to the extent that the intended recipient is completely perplexed as to the meaning of your words???
Post a Comment
Bolo bolo....jee khol ke bolo :D