The town enveloped in a sheet of serene white...the clouds so dense that they have hidden the mighty Himalayas behind them....snow falling continuously like tufts of cotton on the already white ground....couples walking around, cuddled under colorful umbrellas....my first snow fall :)....like someone said that its something that one never forgets :)
But for the restless me snowfall is kinda dull when you compare it to rainfall....it makes one lazy, reluctant to leave the bed and the cozy blanket...whereas rain! Rain propels you to leave the confines of your room, go out, and dance! Don't get me wrong....I had my fair share of snow ball fights and snow-man making but then how long can one go on doing that? Snow, no doubt one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen, somehow makes everything come to a standstill...great if you are on a vacation like I was but I'm not too sure otherwise....whereas rain, however long and hard it might rain, life goes on...Mumbai will agree with me here...and Delhi, the city which moves to India Gate every time there is an unscheduled rainfall, will nod too ;)
Anyway, maybe it was just that while it was snowing in Manali, Delhi was playing hostess to rains. And well, some of my closest ones were there at that time, preventing me from appreciating nature's creation of snow....ah! the ways in which the mind works...
9 comments :
Oh ho.. the blogspace is flooding with images of snowfall from all the countries. Your's madam, is the only post which appreciates rain better. I agree with you when you say.. snowfall during a vacation time is good. Have heard a few horror stories of snowfall lately.
Have a good week! :)
No. please don't compare rains and snowfall..don't compare the two beauties.
I remember my first snowfall in Mussoorie in the year 1994, there was a joy in the air. We became so playful..Everyone was smiling and ecstatic..
Rain is one of nature's miracle...
The essence of the earth, the bow of the spectrum, the smile of everything green, paper boats & worn out slippers paddling along in mushrooming streams...
Rain is an angel - You can enjoy her when alone...
but, to enjoy snow- you need to have company... at least some 1 to show the snow at.. :P
What say.....
The grass is always greener on the other side. Didn't you teach me that, and pound that into my head...?
:)
Cheers,
Joy...
@ Sameera - Lol!!! Different is my middle name after all. :D
You have a great week ahead too :)
@ Vika - I am not a big fan of comparisons myself, but just couldn't help this one!
I was smiling too for the first 36 hours that it snowed. But after that, the excitement faded away.
@ Muthu - Couldn't agree more!
@ Arnab - I did?? I have given so many "art of living" classes to you that now I have seriously lost their count and nature. :P
camera ka lens kharab nahi hota in snow :P
i <3 the snow:) flakes fallin on ya head like cotton...u made me dream away:P:P:Phehe
:):):):)rains ka toh kya kehna...mumbai marine drive..rain n bhutta:p awesum!
Been ages since I saw snow, remember seeing them in Kashmir where I grew up
@Miles: kya???
@Divsi: Awww!!!! M glad!!! so, what do you prefer?? rains or snow??
@Pesto: Kashmir!!! *sighs*
Post a Comment
Bolo bolo....jee khol ke bolo :D