Poor Me : "Good afternoon, ma'am."
CCMA ( Chatur Chalaak Moti Aunty) ( with a smirk on her face ) : "Have a seat. So, what do you remember of our presentation in your college ?"
Poor Me (to myself) : "Man I'm so doomed right now!"
(to CCMA) : "Fluor Daniel is basically an engineering, maintenance, procurement and" [(construction) - which I didn't say, rather this is what i blurted out)] - "...there is one more thing which I don't remember- services provider."
[ Helllooooo !!! What was I thinking ?? ( Oops, don't really wanna answer that one) What was the need to say that ?? Anyway....]
It was established in 1912...blah blah blah.....started off as a construction company ( Nope, I still didn't remember that this was what I had missed out)....Fortune 500....
CCMA : What exactly do you understand by a Fortune 500 company ?
Poor Me (to myself) : "Damn I gotta upgrade my GK soon!"
(to CCMA) : Managed to say something about Time Inc's Fortune magazine taking out a list of the top 500 U.S. companies according to the profit that they make. ( Yay !! My blog is turning informative!!)
CCMA : What about the job profile ?
Poor Me : After answering almost correctly, I messed this up in the end by saying that Fluor, India manages the accounts of countries like Japan, thinking, thinking, blank, Japan, still thinking, still blank, Japan......Philippines !!
The expression on CCMA's face makes me realise my folly and I realise that I've mixed up Wipro with this company's PPT. So having no option left, I admit the truth to them.
CCMA (smirk on face intact) : "And what do you recall of the compensation ?"
Poor Me : Of course I answered this flawlessly. What do you think of me ??
CCMA : "Okay Isha, so tell me something about yourself."
And from this point on, the interview was more or less a piece of cake because this happens to be one of my favourite topics - myself !
And guess what ? However intimidating the interview room might be, it is one place which does not mind boasting. ;)
P.S. Yes, surprising as it may sound, I did manage to clinch the job. But ended up pursuing MBA, which btw is one step further than working as here, I actually PAY to get tortured.
Well, what can I say - C'est la vie.
THE THIRD DEGREE (PART III)
Author: bondgal_rulz / Labels: Experience
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
5 comments :
That was hilarious! Finally, my curiosity has been quenched. Sounds like quite a nice interview all in all, doesn't it?? hehe
Right !!! Sounds nice to you, I'm sure. :D
My word... That was *funny*!
Oh yeah - c'est la vie, indeed!
Peace.
Funny, eh ? Never before have I understood the concept of relativity better. :D
Kidding. Thanks. :)
That was very funny Isha :) I still see the same isha in you :D:D:D ;)
Post a Comment
Bolo bolo....jee khol ke bolo :D