Happiness. One word. Million interpretations.
Money. Love. Shelter. Good grades. Security. Freedom. Friendship. A square meal perhaps ?
Whatever the case be, they are all branches belonging to the same tree - HAPPINESS.
Hey, wait a minute !!! I don't have a lotta money (I'm a student after all and God only knows how I survive on my pocket money!), don't have my own house, have much less freedom than I'd like, there's absolutely no sign of love in my life and don't even get me started on my grades !
Hell !!! I should be miserable !!
But surprisingly, I'm not! I'd like to believe that it's the small things in life which make me happy. Yeah yeah I can almost see that eyebrow go up.
Seriously folks, I feel really happy when the book I'm reading has a happy ending.
When I take out my winter blazer at the beginning of the season and find a five rupee coin in it, I'm over-joyed.
When a friend who hasn't been in touch for a long time, calls up out of the blue, my heart takes a joyous leap.
When I really like a shirt/skirt in the display window o a shop but find that it's outta my budget and save all week to buy it & when I go back 'n' it's still there, I feel ecstatic.
When I'm really skeptical about doing something which eventually turns out to be in my favour, I feel on top of the world.
When I'm feeling down & out and all of a sudden my absolute favourite song plays on the radio station, I feel absolutely happy.
But then, I'm a simple girl with simple needs. :)
Do you know that according to the American Constitution, every citizen there has a constitutional RIGHT to be happy ? I'm sure that there are loadsa people there who have just about enough money, with little or no security &/or shelter and who haven't met their soul mates(yet!) but manage to be happy nevertheless.Perhaps, they like me, find happiness in the small things in life. :)
THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS
Author: bondgal_rulz / Labels: Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
7 comments :
really nice post Isha...ur post prompted me to bring my blog into being...smethng which i was postponing since a long time...n it brought a smile on my face... :)
A post that I really could relate to very well... the simple things are definitely the stuff that makes u the happiest, like the feeling you get when you pick up your nephew for the first time, and he gives one huge smile, and then proceeds to pee all over your shirt!! :D like i said, you write really well... keep writing
@karan...u cant bl hw good ur comment made me feel :) n m glad dat it brought a smile on ur face.
@arnab...i can so understand wht u mean:)...n again...thnx 4 all d generosity:)
There is a very thin line between pleasure and happiness as long as the line is clear to you life is filled with happiness. It is only when the line blurs that life is not that joyful.
@careless thinker
True words indeed.
Welcome to C'est la vie. Keep visiting. :)
Hey :) your definition of happiness is same as mine :) Really really I get happy for all these things you've mentioned here :) Very simple things that brings delight :)
Hi 5!!!!
I knowwww.....it's amazing na how the smallest of things go a long way in making us happy?
Like your comment just mad eme real happy. :)
Cheers
Post a Comment
Bolo bolo....jee khol ke bolo :D