Lost and (waiting to be) Found

Author: bondgal_rulz / Labels: ,

So this is how it feels, she thought, as she felt the fine granules of sand leaving her clenched fist to meet the earth. It was almost as if the earth was pulling them towards itself, and they had but little choice to not fall in its trap.

Not too long ago, she had felt sure that the fistful of sand in her hands was in her control. Completely. Entirely. Unequivocally.

So this is how it feels to see your life slipping out of your hands. To know that someone else held the strings all along and your beliefs were nothing but a make believe world you had created for yourself.

An unannounced gust of wind was enough to throw her off balance and make her let go of the sand that she had kept safe in her tiny hands despite the strong storm. The pebbles, the clip, and the pen cap had all been dropped, to preserve the sand. And now, it was gone too.

Your life is a mess. You know it. One aspect goes wrong and you try to fix it. Another aspect falls to pieces, you ignore it. But there is that one thing, you know will never go wrong. Because you have put all that you ever had in it, sometimes at the cost of other, more important things in life. And yet, one fateful day, you find yourself feeling empty. 

She stood there -
Watching the sand that had now become a part of the infinite on that beach.
Feeling helpless for she could not pick up the lost pieces.
Listening to the sounds of the subsiding storm outside
Raging a much stronger storm inside of her

If I was so sure of where I was going....how did I get so lost?

8 comments :

IceMaiden said...

Sigh. This was painful to read. :(

Raj said...

the next time you want to hold something in your hand, try holding the air.

and when that flies away, ask yourself, why hold anything at all?

when your fist is clenched around something, you have to protect it from the rain, the sunlight and in this case gravity. when its not, you bathe in the rain, bask in the sunlight and leap in the air.

John said...


One of the pieces which hits where it hurts the most ...

bondgal_rulz said...

Annie aka IceMaiden - I knew the day will come soon when I'll become a pain to read. But, so soon!!?? ;)

Raj aka Kid Bro - The rain touches me, but just on the surface. The sunlight makes my face shine, but not my eyes. And the air....oh, there's none.

P.S. Your comment reminded me of the lines:
Main hawa hoon, kahin bhi theherti nahin
Ruk bhi jaaoon kahin par to rehti nahin
Maine tinke uthaaye hue hain paron par
Aashiyaana nahin hai mera

John - That's not a good thing to read :|

Raj said...

see that, is the problem. why just on the surface? socho!!

Lady Whispers said...

I was happy to see a blog update from you...

And then I read this piece and go sigh ...so my thoughts...

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Lady Whispers : Ok, this is embarrassing. I checked your profile and blog, but for the love of my life can't place you. Help please! (I'm assuming that we have crossed paths earlier, going by your comment. In case I'm wrong - apologies and welcome to my space)

Normally the "oh-so-my-thoughts" makes me go "Seeeeee!!!!", but not this one :(

john said...

Well, I just stated the truth. Brilliantly written. I keep coming back to read this. And it stays alive, to hit where it ....

Post a Comment

Bolo bolo....jee khol ke bolo :D

COGNOSCENTI