Pros and Cons of Working

Author: bondgal_rulz / Labels: , ,

CONS:

1. No enjoying late night TV / movies on laptop
2. No sleeping for hours on end
3. No taking advantage of the sexy weather for a walk down a sexy road or a drive.
4. No talking loud / laughing hysterically / jumping aiwehi while walking
5. No daydreaming in front of the work station like we used to in front of the books (we are accountable for every hour after all :|)
6. No swearing...umm loud swearing at least ;)
7. No head-banging / singing aloud while listening to songs (Gosh! this is a hard one!)
8. No energy to talk to friends at night
9. No cool funky clothes to wear to office
10. No shouting
11. No access to the football / cricket matches
12. No walking naked feet in and out of the office
13. No frequent blogging
14. No being MYSELF!!

PROS:

Yeah right!! I can't think of any except that how you begin to appreciate the seemingly smaller joys of life. :|

Feel free to add to the list....

25 comments :

Anonymous said...

One good thing about working is the fat amount your bank account is credited with every month.. except that... I totally agree with you.. there's none..

Of course.. you have you curb your urge to call your collegue a****le ... you can't use the F word ... You have to control your impulses and smile when you feel like screaming.... bwwaaahhh..

Raj said...

:)

pros, everyone misses you and actually realizes how important you are to them.

Chandni (Chanz) said...

I am glad to know that there are others in the same boat as me...

Grrrrr..!!

Wish those days could come back..

Meow said...

I TOTALLY AGREE... Life is way too mechanical Ish... I never knew even after two to four matches that FIFA is going on.. came to know through some status update in fb.. Logging into fb for ten mins everyday to WISH PEOPLE on their b'day.. Now this is another point you've to add... no time for b'day parties :(

Weirdo guy said...

It's my 4th year and posts like these that are scaring the crap out of me and making me wonder whether i am doing the right thing.

Its gonna be pretty fucked up isnt it ? :(

Ramit Grover said...

Welcome to the real world.

Netika Lumb said...

No cool funky clothes.. My college doen't allow them , forget my workplace :(
And no all of a suuden, OYE!!! :(

You know, on a diff note, girls college rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nilanjana said...

Lets exchange places man, n u'll know!!! :( When happiness comes in small packets, only then u realize its worth.

U go girl :)
Nice post!

Kartz said...

I am treating my workplace as a unique university. 100% scholarship. And I get to learn subjects like business ethics (aka back-bitching), corporate bureaucracy (aka politics), et al. Oooh..! We have sports too. We play "dodge-ball" right in front of the managers during all those necessarily pointless (and agenda-less) meetings.

Goodie goodie.

And *work* we shall.

But you know what... Every cloud has a silver lining. And I absolutely agree with that adage. For all the murky sh*t that may happen in a workplace, you do have one or two genuinely pleasant colleagues. That's a priceless "pro", if you ask me.

Peace.

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Shivani - What to do if there is no FAT amount!!!???

God!! M I depressed now!! :(

P.S. Tell me where you are working, I won't mind getting a FAT paycheck. ;)

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Raj - Correction: Everyone misses you for sometime and then moves on and forgets you. :(

Definitely NOT a pro. :|

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Chanz - Yup, misery totally loves company, innit?? ;)

Only if wishes were horses...

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Meow - WHAT!!??? Kid me not girl!! You actually did NOT know that FIFA is on!!!??? *scandalized look*

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Weirdo Guy - I'm telling you dude, don't get caught up in this murky line of working...do your own thing and only then shalt happiness meet up with you.

*circle of enlightenment appears behind head* ;)

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Baldie - Hmmmpphhhh.

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Netika - Couldn't agree more!!!! *sigh*

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Nilanjana - The place wouldn't have been half as bad if you had been around ya.

You hang in there k? And so will I. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Kartz - You are a lucky guy I tell you. It's really glad to know that you are enjoying what you do. :)


I agree!! And I had three of those!!! But as luck would have it, one of them has left, another is about to leave, and the third one is no longer in my team. :( :(

moonlite:D said...

i agree girl :) super cool post:)

Richa said...

ah welcome to the corporate world :D

Rishabh Singla said...

One of the nice pros is that you start to (at least) feel that you're one little inch nearer to achieving whatever has been going on in your head for many years

Jaunty anima said...

I wud have liked to see more pros too!!:(
Don't u scare bache who are yet to step in this world!!!

Americanising Desi said...

lol - so you see it this way :) i see it as money making pro only :P

Pesto Sauce said...

Been 6 years and I too am searching for pros..do lemme know if you find any

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Moonlite - Thanks girl! :)


@ Richa - I always had the notion that I'll fit right in..guess wasn't all right on that....

@ Rishabh - Hmmm....true that. But I think it's not very applicable in my case. :(

@ Jaunty - arre tu tto sher ladki hai!! M sure you'll rock it!! :)

@ AD - You and Shivani have similar views. :P

@ Pesto - Certainly!!

Post a Comment

Bolo bolo....jee khol ke bolo :D

COGNOSCENTI