The Fool's Garden

Author: bondgal_rulz / Labels: ,

It was the pleasant time of early morn,
The day was pristine, yet unborn.
Buds of flowers and droplets of dew,
Were fast asleep under the canvas blue.

The first rays of the sun emerged bright,
Painting the grass green, the clouds white.
The west wind hopped and the birds cried,
Sleeping buds awoke and shyly smiled.

The feeling in my heart was hard to hide,
As i beheld this magic from my bedside.
I sprang up in haste, grabbed this pen,
A few papers in hand, I rushed out my den.

Out in the open now, I began to write,
These verses, describing Nature's might.
In neat stanzas of four and a rhyme scheme,
I decided to limn this beautiful theme.

But with each line I penned, I realized,
The poem depicted nothing of what I'd visualized.
The more I described the grass green,
That much lesser to me it did seem.

I've given up the attempt in hapless frustration,
For aren't words and verses after all, restrictions?
True beauty is best enjoyed wordless, free -
Poems are written only by fools like me!!

36 comments :

Arnab Majumdar said...

Catchy poem that one... and it's true too. Words can be a great tool for expression, but at times, they do hinder what we want to express...

Interesting to note that this poem was written in the dead of the night! Accurate Imagination at work eh?? hehehe... cheers...

Netika Lumb said...

True beauty is best enjoyed wordless, free -
Poems are written only by fools like me!!

I totally second the first line.Lovely. Most things are enjoyed FREE(pun intended ;)). But if fools like you write poems like these, then I better second your opinion about yourself. I wish I could be foolish enough :(

Laudable.. :)

Anil Sawan said...

o m g!! isha, mind blowing!! :) u write a poetry out of everything :P awesome mate!! luvd the theme.
and fool's garden looks so very tempting :( its so damn hot here - forget waking up with a smile, i cant even sleep :(

u take care girlie and have loadz of fun :)

Dhanya said...

In a poetic mood now, aren't we ? ;)

Kartz said...

Come on, Isha, don't be too humble... :P

Well, tbh, I liked the flow. Just that it seemed to digress towards the end. Nonetheless, you said it right - describing Nature goes well beyond words.

But as a writer, one has to make that attempt. However futile. After all, a writer writes for his/her satisfaction too, nain?

Nice to see you coming up with poetry. Hope to see lots more!

Keep writing. Spread the voice.

Peace. Have an uber weekend.

neeraj_only said...

hey, self proclaimed 'fool'? , i think you can submit all the relevant "data"
and then junta will decide how "big-fool" you are .

Fool's garden in imagination seems so good.Writing poem in fool's garden is quite a "million dollar idea". i don't have million dollars , your loss!!! :P

keep going....cheers

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

Hmmmm..writing is an art but it cannot fool that quote which states "a picture is worth thousand words"...
right?
In the same way sometimes people like u and me fail expressing what we really wanted to....

Good one Isha....

Cheers...:)

Pallav said...

spectacular !!!!

Well done Isha.. ths is something gr88 work..
u knw the last lines...u rock.....

u awing me to write something like ths...
rhyming r perfect...

hv fun
Cheers:)

Richa said...

no ways. it is a beautiful piece. though i un know wat did u visualize, but watever it was a no fool authored.

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Arnab - Thank you. :)

Oh! That is one thing I have in abundane : imagination :D

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Netika - Yes, the best things in life are free - the sight of a rainbow in the sky, flowers blooming in winter, the smell of wet earth....

And I was hoping that people would try to prove me wrong about the second line. :P

Thanks. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Sawan - No I do not !! I wish I did though. :(

Well it's hot here too, just my imagination at work you see. ;)

You take care too. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Dhanya - To be honest, it was Karthik's poem that inspired me to come up with this. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Karthik - Haina doesn't suit me na ?

Well yeah I know what you mean...I got bored of the nature theme...not much of a nature person actually...so shifted the focus to myself. ;) Oh, I'm a self-obsessed maniac, didn't you notice ?:P

Right. Attempt karti rahungi, however futile they may be.

You have a great weekend too.

Cheers

P.S. Have an exam on Monday tto mera weekend tto sad hoga. :(

Kartz said...

Well, I feel it is way too early to think abt the "suit-or-not" part...

I suggest you keep at it. No forcing though; let it come naturally. No attempt is futile. It only makes u better...

Ha ha! & nothing wrong in being self-obsessed re. Actually, attitude starts with how u perceive urself. :)

Just tht, the sudden shift in the recital was way too blatant. It was a good first attempt, nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll come up with a lot more in the coming days. I think u cd just start with describing urself in verses. No kidding...

*wonders if there is any other Karthik who mite ve inspired her. Naaah... ;) *

Prepare well, buddy. I wish you good luck. Rock your examinations.

Peace.

Onward said...

A fool - u?? Surely u jest!
This poem i feel is one of your best.
Its catchy, its lovely, beautiful, divine.
What more can i say - just sublime !

hehe...the poem made me smile..it's really nice...but i guess u already know that...;-)...i cant point out one thing i liked about it coz all of it is bloody brilliant. Awesome work ish(see now tats a short pet name!!)...

luv,
Amith

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Neeraj - Arre yaar isse pehle ki koi aur meko fool bole, maine socha khud hi bol do. :D

And as for the relevant "data", I think there is enough of it here for the junta to give a verdict on me. ;)

Ohho! My loss indeed. But I do wish that someday you do have them and then I'll come and claim my prize. ;)

Thanks for visiting and commenting. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Mahesh - Failing to express what I want to generally does not happen with me and I totally hate it when it does.

Thanks a ton man. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Pallav - Go ahead dude!! What's keeping you ??

Thank you so much for all the kind words. Gives me a great high. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Richa - Thank you so much!! Both for calling it beautiful and for reassuring me that I am ain't a fool. :)

Glad to see you around. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Phoenix - You ain't no fool and boy am I glad for that. :P

You take care girl. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Karthik - Hmmm...I'm sure you'll soon be eating your words about that. :P :D

It wasn't really my first attempt at poetry but yes, it was my first attempt at writing anything even remotely close to describing Nature's beauty et al.

I too hope that I'm able to come up with poetry more often.

Oh! In case you didn't already know, your opinion is really valued. :)

Thank you so much for the feedback and the luck. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Amith - Awww that's such a sweet thing to say. :)

And oye! your poem made me smile too. :) Maybe you should try your hand at it too. Something tells me you'll be great. ;)

Thank you so much for the nick name but I kinda hate it....I don't really know why, but it seems kinda wannabe to me...:(

But thanks anyway!! Come up with something else. :P he he

Cheers

Anonymous said...

poems r not written by fools like you but like me, who dont know how to do it the way you do...
keep going girl.
there is no one a bigger fool then him who cant work on the way you work with words :)

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Americanising Desi - The kind of way you have with words, I'm sure you'll be great at it. :)

Thanks a ton for the appreciation. :)

Cheers

Kartz said...

@americanising desi
Ha! Look who's being humble now! :P And yet u say u wanna strangle li'l me..? :(

Caught u read-handed, dear di! *har har har*

@Isha
Muchas gracias, seƱorita...

And no, I am quite sure I won't be required to eat my words. :)

Bonne chance!

Peace.

Onward said...

oye...get a shoutbox!!....i can drop off nick name suggestions and my regular sarcastic jokes there..;-)

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Kartz - :)

@ Amith - Hmmm...temptong. Will do. :P

Cheers

Onward said...

oye once again!!( u should just get a shoutbox!!)...i did try my hand at a poem..chaahe toh dekh lo...

http://dashowstoppa.blogspot.com/2009/03/still-me.html

Zlaek said...

"The more I described the grass green,
That much lesser to me it did seem."

Haha... you know, this is a part of deeper philosophy. Simple point actually. You're correct to the hundredth percent when you say words are, after all, restrictions.
Something I experience very often.

But somehow, that never brings me to the conclusion that I must quit penning things down. Wait, does that make me a fool? :D

You're fun :)

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Zlaek - Glad that you not only understood what I menat there, but like it too. :)

And that's great ya!! It sooo should not !!

Ummmm, I guess. He he....but aren't we better off knowing that we are fools rather than those who are in denial? ;)

Thanks a ton for visiting and comemnting.
Hoping to see you around moe often. :)

Cheers

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Amrita - He he...Shall try ;)

Cheers

Dr. Acula said...

I'm not much into poems. Don't like reading them much 'cause they usually turn out to be sad ones. Unless they're the funny ones..which are rare!! So obviously..had ignored this post until just now!!

And..OMG!! :-O Was it amazing or what??!! :) *thumbs up smiley* I think I really should give reading poems another shot..He He. :P

Really amazingly written. I loved every line of it..and went through it again!! Now that is sure not me!! :)

It was so positive and damn!! The grass was SO GREEN..it was hurting my eyes!! :P

Cheers! :)

bondgal_rulz said...

I'm not much into poems either...unless they are written by me..which is rare. :P Lol

Yayieee!! Thank you thank you!!

Oh really?? That's like the best thing anyone has said about it. *Jumps up and down with joy* :D

Arre re...take care of the eyes...cannot afford to lose my twin reader. :P

Cheers

Zendagi Migzara said...

Hi Bodgal..
This was Marvellous.. Beautifully described..

bondgal_rulz said...

@ Zindagi Megzara - Thank you so much!!!

And thanks again for dropping by. Keep visiting. :)

Cheers

Post a Comment

Bolo bolo....jee khol ke bolo :D

COGNOSCENTI